screen shutting off during voicemail use
campingmom

Why is my screen going black before I can finish typing my voicemail password in to retrieve my mail?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: screen shutting off during voicemail use
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

It's nothing that pressing the power button (to turn the screen back on) won't fix.  Either that or quickly move the phone near the ear and away.

If you're noticing that your screen is turning off too soon, you'll need to change the setting by

1. pressing the Menu button at your home screen

2. selecting Settings

3. selecting Sound and display

4. selecting Screen timeout

5. selecting a length of time that goes beyond what you have

But note that any changes made here will impact how long your phone's display stays on before timing out for every day use, too.

Again, given that you can press (not hold) the power button to turn the screen back on, it doesn't seem like a huge issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

It's nothing that pressing the power button (to turn the screen back on) won't fix.  Either that or quickly move the phone near the ear and away.

If you're noticing that your screen is turning off too soon, you'll need to change the setting by

1. pressing the Menu button at your home screen

2. selecting Settings

3. selecting Sound and display

4. selecting Screen timeout

5. selecting a length of time that goes beyond what you have

But note that any changes made here will impact how long your phone's display stays on before timing out for every day use, too.

Again, given that you can press (not hold) the power button to turn the screen back on, it doesn't seem like a huge issue.

0 Likes
dp1950

Turning it back on doesn't help the problem.  Even when I start typing immediately, it still times out in 2-3 seconds.  I have the screen time set at 30 minutes.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

proof nobody reads before they post. I JUST posted the solution to this here:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Samsung-Fascinate/How-to-keep-screen-lit-up-while-on-a-call/td-p/439446

0 Likes
blah1

I have the same issue with the screen shutting off when I try to enter my passcode.  Any resolution?

0 Likes
blah1

This is not the solution.

0 Likes