Re: samsung fascinate trouble with picture text messaging
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

new2tech wrote:

In addition to not being able to download pics with messaging, I now am unable to get email to download. It shows an email in the annunciator line and a red numeral on the email icon but when clicked on just get message"downloading" and it goes round and round.

My husband has an identical phone, both purchased at the same time which is working fine. He has not downloaded the recent update.

There are also 2 new icons on my annunciator line that I am unable to find a description for in my manual. Anyone else noticed that?

There is the E911 locator symbol that was added. e911 symbol.pngIn the notification window the mobile data on/off switch and auto rotate switch was added. They have been discussed in other threads within this section of the community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
natbabyx

you mean mobile data, and auto rotation?

as well as the 2 things in the notifaction bar... yeah I dont know either!

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community for your responses.

@new2tech I will send you a PM to troubleshoot your device.

0 Likes
new2tech
Enthusiast - Level 2

:smileyhappy: Just wanted to share with the community that my problem with inability to download photos sent with text messages has been solved.

I called Verizon yesterday and spoke to a very pleasant person who sent me a text with a photo that I WAS able to download. She then told me if your phone number is preceeded by a 1 in the sender's contact list you will not  be able to download it. And also that you have to have 3G turned on, WiFi off.

I asked two of my senders to send a new text with photo and I was able to download both. So it appears to be working. Hope this is helpful to all of you who have experienced the same problem.

0 Likes
knully
Enthusiast - Level 3

Remove JuiceDefender if you have it installed too.

0 Likes
frustrated11

I have tried everything in this thread.  Although chompSMS did fix the problem I don't feel that after buying a $500 I should have to download an app to get my picture messages.

0 Likes