red triangle/exclamation point when send text to a certain number
animalwatcher
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is odd, and I can't figure it out. When I send a text to a friend's #, I get a red triangle with an exclamation point in the center by the time sent. I know she gets them as she responds. It only seems to do it on her #.

Anyone have an idea what that means?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: red triangle/exclamation point when send text to a certain number
animalwatcher
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you so much Christina.

I have since sent this person additional text and things were fine.

I get the sent successful symbol.

What I'm thinking, is she lives in a very remote area that doesn't have good reception, and I think she was home when I sent the ones that got the red symbol.

The successful ones were when she was in a better coverage area.

Would this have made a difference?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Does the red triangle stay there, or does it eventually go away?  Has this friend ported her number recently?  That is known to cause some text messaging issues.

I have gotten this error when the network (not VZW) was down, like during the East Coast Earthquake in August.  The phone would try to send the text message multiple times (I think), then gives up and I got the error. 

The differences are my messages never went through and it happened for all numbers, not just one.

0 Likes
animalwatcher
Enthusiast - Level 3

She has had the number for years and years.  It stays, even when she's gotten it the message.   It is only with her number. 

when I press and hold and "view report" of that text, it shows status: unsuccessful I know she got it.

I saw on the web, for some phones it is a high priorty call and you can un check something so it won't be sent as a high priority.  But I can't find that on the Galaxy Nexus.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Even though she has had the number for years and years, she still could have ported her number recently.  Has she switched carriers recently?  The fact that you are having difficulty only with her number implies that it is not your phone with the problem, but that it's the network transmission to her number that is giving you errors.

0 Likes
animalwatcher
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey,

Nope, she hasn't moved her cell, she is still with Verizon. It is odd, huh.   Do you think it is worth questionioning Verizon about it?  I just have a feeling, they'd not have any idea.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Yes, I would ask VZW about it, because if this is happening in-network, they're the only ones that can come up with a solution. 

I agree that it is weird.  The only other possibility that I can come up with is that she may have ported the number to Google Voice and kept her VZW service, but that's going out on a limb.

0 Likes
animalwatcher
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, I will give them a call.  Thanks for your replies, I appreciate it.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi animalwatcher,

I know that you posted that you would be calling in to inquire about the issue with sending a message to a certain other Verizon Wireless customer. However, I want to make sure that the issue is resolved. I would need to access your account information. So, if this is still an ongoing issue with you, please feel free to send me a PM with your name, your mobile number, and the mobile number that you are having the issue with. I will be more than happy to help with a resolution. 

Thanks and have a good day,

0 Likes
animalwatcher
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you so much Christina.

I have since sent this person additional text and things were fine.

I get the sent successful symbol.

What I'm thinking, is she lives in a very remote area that doesn't have good reception, and I think she was home when I sent the ones that got the red symbol.

The successful ones were when she was in a better coverage area.

Would this have made a difference?

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi again animalwatcher,

That detail is very important, and it very well could be the reason that the messages were not getting to your friend. How is it working since you replied? Do you notice anything different?

Christina B

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes