Re: punkkaos might force Verizon to give us 2.2 froyo
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

in the end, it comes down to the phone, and the fascinate on 2,1 is still better than a lot of the phones that have been updated to 2.2.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

PJNC284 wrote:

Did it really take two threads?  No it isn't going to force them to push it out any faster as it certainly hasn't before.  And it's going to be funny when Froyo gets released and everybody is all "omg you mean this is it? GIVE ME GINGERBREAD VERIZON". 

And even better will be when they figure out that it has some bugs (just like every update).  I can hear it now: "the 2.2 update is the worst thing that ever happened to my Fascinate, why was this released without enough testing."

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

nothing is ever good enough for the majority of the american public that feel entitled to everything.

0 Likes
LBell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can someone please just tell me what the 2.2 Froyo OS will actually do (besides flash) that is that much better than 2.1?  I mean what can we look forward to really?  I am new to this OS as it is so 2.1 is the first I have seen and I have to say I like it just fine.  I browse the internet just fine.  What is the buzz about?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Aside from Flash and making the audio port on the docks work, Froyo will bring apps2SD support  along with some behind the scenes modifications that should improve overall performance and browser speed.  The Fascinate is already fast so the latter part won't be as noticeable.  

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

LBell wrote:

Can someone please just tell me what the 2.2 Froyo OS will actually do (besides flash) that is that much better than 2.1?  I mean what can we look forward to really?  I am new to this OS as it is so 2.1 is the first I have seen and I have to say I like it just fine.  I browse the internet just fine.  What is the buzz about?

Ladybell, here you go:

http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.2.html

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I think it will have no bearing on release and Verizon doesn't care.

He had DL09 and did not release it until Verizon started pushing the update.

But it will give him time to work on it.

I expect once Verizon starts pushing it we will see something from him.

0 Likes