punkkaos might force Verizon to give us 2.2 froyo
bass9510

http://www.gizmocrunch.com/android/4906-samsung-fascinate-android-22-froyo-update

It looks like Samsung Vibrant owners won't be the only ones enjoying that Android Froyo goodness for much longer as a leaked Android 2.2 update for Samsung Fascinate users has apparently landed in the hands of a developer (punkkaos) and may soon be available to the masses, unofficially of course.

Samsung Fascinate Android 2.2 update leaked

Punkkaos recently tweeted that he managed to get his hands on the Samsung Fascinate Android 2.2 update and the general word on the street hints to ROM being cooked up by him for the masses. In case punkkaos sounds familiar, he's the same guy previously known for Droid Eris ROMs).

The tweet simply says that he has the Fascinate 2.2 leaks, and that “You can’t have it yet,”. We like the word "yet".

More on this as it develops.

0 Likes
Re: punkkaos might force Verizon to give us 2.2 froyo
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

how exactly will he "force" them to give us froyo?

0 Likes
bass9510

I love ducktape but that don't help me to surfe the web like my wife that has a x. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Did it really take two threads?  No it isn't going to force them to push it out any faster as it certainly hasn't before.  And it's going to be funny when Froyo gets released and everybody is all "omg you mean this is it? GIVE ME GINGERBREAD VERIZON". 

0 Likes
bass9510

really,  Is flash so much to ask for.  I want a real phone like  my wife has the droid x with 2,2

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

You are right Pjnc284 they will want more.

0 Likes
bass9510

I just want a phone that can display web sights as they really are.   Is that so much to ask for.  2.2 come on,,,,,, what is the wait.

0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
If Flash is all you are waiting for, you will be disappointed! Talk about slowing down browsing. I do agree that it will be useful to have flash available, but for the most part, I will have it disabled to improve speed. Try it yourself with your wifes X and yours side by side, you'll see the difference. Flash still is a long way from being perfect.
0 Likes
bass9510

I have, that is why I am so upset about it. 

0 Likes
bass9510

2.2 is miles ahead 2.1

0 Likes