.eml file viewing
fascinateeml

When I forward an email via my phone that has a microsoft word attachment from my phone (using Corporate work email account that ties into an exchange server) to another droid user (using the same Exchange service as they are a fellow employee) that user cannot open up the attachment because the file now carries a .eml extension. Same thing somewhat occurs if I save the original email attachment (when it was originally crafted on a desktop computer and sent my wayi could view fine as it did not yet have the .eml extension affixed to it), just the attachment itself, onto my sd card, the attachment is saved as a .eml file. Now I cannot view while as a file on the SD card because of the .eml extension. If I forward the original email where i could view the attachment fine, back to someone in our company, who then opens it with a laptop or desk top, it can be opened and read OK. So the issue seems to be saving an email "word doc attachment" to the SD card or forwarding the email with a word doc attachment to another droid user. Both scenarios seem to cause the .eml extension to pop up attached to the file name.

Question: AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG or is there a suitable .eml reader application available for the Droid Fascinate phone that can open up and read these documents once they are in this state.? I have looked on the net and in the market place, and have not yet seen one that will do ths. HELP!

0 Likes