Re: deleting apps
rcschnoor
Legend

mdram4x4 wrote:

rcschnoor wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

rcschnoor wrote:

amsing1218 wrote:

I moved all of my unwanted apps to a screen all by themselves so I dont have to filter through them when I am looking for something I do use.  I even put a blank page between the ones I use and the unwanted ones.  Hope that helps.

If these are actually screens(not the app drawer), you can also just drag these icons to the trash and then they will not be on one of your screens. You can take anything that is on one of your screens and drag it to the trash. THIS does not delete the app from your phone. It just removes it from (one of) your home screens. They will still be in your app drawer.

I think that several people mistake removing an app from your home screens with deleting the app from your phone. They are not the same thing. The icons on your home screens are just shortcuts to the actual app. The apps reside in your app drawer and THIS is what you cannot delete from your phone when it comes to pre-installed bloatware.

you cant delete icons for bloatware, ive tried :smileyhappy:

You can from your home pages. Not from the app drawer, though. At least on the DROID X, you can.

not on the fascinate, it could be a funtion of 2.2, we are still on 2.1

Out of curiosity, what bloatware icons are on your homescreen that you can't delete? I just looked at my co-workers Fascinate, and he has NO bloatware icons on any of his homescreens, so either he deleted them or they weren't on there to begin with. They are still in his App drawer, though.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

rcschnoor wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

rcschnoor wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

rcschnoor wrote:

amsing1218 wrote:

I moved all of my unwanted apps to a screen all by themselves so I dont have to filter through them when I am looking for something I do use.  I even put a blank page between the ones I use and the unwanted ones.  Hope that helps.

If these are actually screens(not the app drawer), you can also just drag these icons to the trash and then they will not be on one of your screens. You can take anything that is on one of your screens and drag it to the trash. THIS does not delete the app from your phone. It just removes it from (one of) your home screens. They will still be in your app drawer.

I think that several people mistake removing an app from your home screens with deleting the app from your phone. They are not the same thing. The icons on your home screens are just shortcuts to the actual app. The apps reside in your app drawer and THIS is what you cannot delete from your phone when it comes to pre-installed bloatware.

you cant delete icons for bloatware, ive tried :smileyhappy:

You can from your home pages. Not from the app drawer, though. At least on the DROID X, you can.

not on the fascinate, it could be a funtion of 2.2, we are still on 2.1

Out of curiosity, what bloatware icons are on your homescreen that you can't delete? I just looked at my co-workers Fascinate, and he has NO bloatware icons on any of his homescreens, so either he deleted them or they weren't on there to begin with. They are still in his App drawer, though.

eek my bad, im thinking app drawer, oopsy

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

It's not a function of 2.2 cuz on Droid on 2.1, I deleted icons from home screen including amazon mp3 etc.  But I couldn't delete them from app drawer.  I set up the icons that i wanted to use in folders on home screens so that they could be organized and I didn't have to use the drawer.  

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I was thinking that we were just having a mis-communication:smileyhappy:, cause I just checked a co-workers Fascinate and he has no bloatware icons on his homescreens.

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

As another suggestion, a different launcher such as Launcher Pro or ADW might be an improvement.  Many people say they are faster.  

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

steveanderson13 wrote:

As another suggestion, a different launcher such as Launcher Pro or ADW might be an improvement.  Many people say they are faster.  

im waiting for spb mobile shell, its in the beta right now

0 Likes