ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

The topic of this particular thread .....Your all Crazy thinking your going to get Froyo from Samsung or VZW by posting on Facebook.

SO, to terranigma and sputnik998, please note that I did not call anyone stupid in my previous posts.  I did however reference that some "actions" and certain "things" were stupid.  What I did do wrong was to call individuals dips (I believe is the word I chose with no particular person in mind really).  Now, had you guys read through the rest of the posts you would have realized that between gsp10 and Dad-Bill and several others that we mended our rants.  Everyone agreed to disagree and try to play nice.  Maybe you can get on board with that too?  Oh and there is nothing really "suspicious" about my posts. Opinionated ... yes.  Willing to settle down in my opinions ..... yeppers.

Back to the topic of this thread.  Some of us believe the attempt to disgrace the companies involved on the Face book scenario to be sort of futile.  Some don't.  I personally don't think that it will get us the update any quicker.  I have read several sites where people are irritated over the lack of an update but even on those forums when people have made posts about the whole facebook idea, don't feel it will truly accomplish the goal you seek. If you have the time and want to go that direction it is a free country and so please do as you will. 

I'd like to see the suggested face book post on all those that already have 2.2 though.  That's kind of funny. 

Big Frank, sorry to drop off and leave you to fight the masses alone there guy!  I got a little tied up with some things I actually had control over.

gsp10, did you post something funny only to have the man take it away?  LOL

0 Likes
Re: Your all Crazy thinking your going to get Froyo from Samsung or VZW by posting on Facebook
gsp10
Yeah But more than likely will banned if I post it again so I guess I need to watch what I say for now on :smileysad:
0 Likes
Re: Your all Crazy thinking your going to get Froyo from Samsung or VZW by posting on Facebook
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

gsp10 wrote:
Yeah But more than likely will banned if I post it again so I guess I need to watch what I say for now on :smileysad:

Send it to our inboxes that will work they dont monitor those it's private conversations. I have to hear what you wrote

0 Likes
lpearce

hi paul. do u work for verizon?

0 Likes
Sadsammy
MEeh, it's clear we all feel cheated in some way. I do, last samsung i'll buy for a long time. And to express that via facebook or what ever is great. It if any thing raises awareness that there is a problem with the product. Yes I know now that 2.2 was not in writing on the promised contract, despite what was said to be updated soon after lanch. But there are issues with the phone, lack of flash means web browsing doesn't really work. And any way that I can express my displeasure to the
manufacture, plus warn new consumers i'll do it.
0 Likes
txit

I had to sign up to reply to this, i haven't read through the whole thread but honestly the first post was as far as i needed to go to reply. I get that some here think it is worthless and futile for peopel to post on facebook their irritation about this phone and it's lack of updates. I also understand why they do. Perhaps you don't think of it as such a big deal, but for me, I have a different view. 

Some of you call it childish and poor behavior. Perhaps it is, all I know is that when my wife and a couple family members got me multiple docks for christmas because that's what I wanted, was to have a dock for this phone everywhere basically and they are still sitting there without being able to be used to their fullest extent is upsetting. I don't care about returning them, which has been offered for in store credit...

This phone was supposed to be the phone i stuck with for at least a year yet here i am 7 months later, well over 50% of the way through with this contract and the phone is still running 2.1. Childish is perhaps putting bing on a phone and then while other the other equal counterparts get their 2.2 updates on various carriers our phone is the one galaxy s variant sitting in the same funk that it has been in since day one. 

I fault Verizon, and I fault samsung. Yes I realize I could root it and run unofficial froyo, but that shouldn't be the way it is.  So maybe you think that the behavior of ranting on facebook isn't the best method. I haven't done it but i have blasted them on twitter. If we don't voice our disgust for this type of behavior why would they want to change it. I personally wish the Fascinate users could all agree that this phone has not lived up to it's offerings since day one. I was there for the awful GPS which has only been made moderately better on my handset personally. I was there for the purchase of docks that sport 2.2 on the side being sold for a 2.1 device. I'm still here now because I personally think the hardware in this phone is great compared to other offerings out there, but I can't help but feel used, cheated, and ripped off by this purchase. I have to keep my service with Verizon as long as I work with this company, the second that changes though, I will leave and not look back. This phone/purchase/contract has been the biggest let-down of any purchase i have made in my life. 

TVs and computers are sold knowing they are obsolete, android handsets are sold with the intentions of being upable to get the updates in the future and their longevity. This phone was sold obsolete in the beginning running 2.1 3 months after 2.2 was published. It hasn't made a single step forward in it's lifecycle neither. I will not knock other people for standing up for their rights as a consumer though, be it on facebook, twitter or any other means, this forum included. If people don't stand up, companies keep pushing the line of what they can get away with. 

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
Thanks for your posting your feelings, we all feel the same way, I wish I did not have to go outside of Verizon to get my promised update, but like you, I needed Flash for work and home.
0 Likes
sandystorm

txit wrote:

I had to sign up to reply to this, i haven't read through the whole thread but honestly the first post was as far as i needed to go to reply. I get that some here think it is worthless and futile for peopel to post on facebook their irritation about this phone and it's lack of updates. I also understand why they do. Perhaps you don't think of it as such a big deal, but for me, I have a different view. 

Some of you call it childish and poor behavior. Perhaps it is, all I know is that when my wife and a couple family members got me multiple docks for christmas because that's what I wanted, was to have a dock for this phone everywhere basically and they are still sitting there without being able to be used to their fullest extent is upsetting. I don't care about returning them, which has been offered for in store credit...

This phone was supposed to be the phone i stuck with for at least a year yet here i am 7 months later, well over 50% of the way through with this contract and the phone is still running 2.1. Childish is perhaps putting bing on a phone and then while other the other equal counterparts get their 2.2 updates on various carriers our phone is the one galaxy s variant sitting in the same funk that it has been in since day one. 

I fault Verizon, and I fault samsung. Yes I realize I could root it and run unofficial froyo, but that shouldn't be the way it is.  So maybe you think that the behavior of ranting on facebook isn't the best method. I haven't done it but i have blasted them on twitter. If we don't voice our disgust for this type of behavior why would they want to change it. I personally wish the Fascinate users could all agree that this phone has not lived up to it's offerings since day one. I was there for the awful GPS which has only been made moderately better on my handset personally. I was there for the purchase of docks that sport 2.2 on the side being sold for a 2.1 device. I'm still here now because I personally think the hardware in this phone is great compared to other offerings out there, but I can't help but feel used, cheated, and ripped off by this purchase. I have to keep my service with Verizon as long as I work with this company, the second that changes though, I will leave and not look back. This phone/purchase/contract has been the biggest let-down of any purchase i have made in my life. 

TVs and computers are sold knowing they are obsolete, android handsets are sold with the intentions of being upable to get the updates in the future and their longevity. This phone was sold obsolete in the beginning running 2.1 3 months after 2.2 was published. It hasn't made a single step forward in it's lifecycle neither. I will not knock other people for standing up for their rights as a consumer though, be it on facebook, twitter or any other means, this forum included. If people don't stand up, companies keep pushing the line of what they can get away with. 

You put a lot into that txit but again it is not doing any good we will have to wait and people need to know what they are buying first so they have no reason to complain. Buy what you want in a phone and you will be happy

0 Likes
txit

No I know, buy what you want, the issue with all this as most recall was promises. "upgraded to 2.2 soon" and docks being sold for _THIS_ phone that don't fully work until 2.2 which is clearly stated on the boxes. The issue with the fascinate is not that it was sold with 2.1, it's that it was sold with 2.1 with a note that it would receive an upgrade to 2.2. The isue lies that there were/are accessories sold for this phone that require 2.2. I have learned my lesson, don't buy Samsung Mobile. Got it.

My main point is that people are dismissing those who are speaking up again verizon and samsung  for thedelay in this phone. This very thread was created by a person dismissing those people out loud. So the proper resolve is to just shut up and take it i guess... 

0 Likes
sandystorm

I agree txit if they stop complaining and bad mouthing it will come and the again maybe not but I am looking for new phone and it wont be verizon

0 Likes