Would You Recommend Fascinate For This Use?
JaziJoi

I'm currently a Black Berry Tour user.  This is my second Black Berry and I really like the Black Berry for emailing.  However, the web browser, as everyone knows, sucks.  :smileysurprised:  I'm considering jumping onto the android wagon now.  However, from reading the post, most seem to be having a problem with the video use of the phone.  I dont use my phone for video watching.  My primary use of the phone will be:

1. Email

2. Texting

3. Web Browsing (real estate information sites)

4. Camera (not real important)

My importance of use is in that exact order.  Would you recommend the Fascinate for the way I intend to use it? 

I found a third party application that will allow it to sync wirelessly with my Outlook.  So, this (I don't think) will be a problem.  As I don't intend to use the Google contact plateform.

If anyone has an opion as to whether this will be a good phone for my use, I'd really appreciate the feedback.  And also, if you have an opinon on the Droid Pro, I'd like some feedback on that one too.

Thanks!!! :smileywink:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Would You Recommend Fascinate For This Use?
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

I recently switched from the Storm 2 to the Samsung Fascinate.  I was a little skeptical at first about leaving RIM/BlackBerry but  I'm really am happy with it and glad I switched.  As far as the OS update to 2.2 it's coming people just need to be patient, even though I do understand the irritation of being told it was only a few days away to make a sale, that's not right.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
My fascinate works flawlessly. I will tell you not that many other people in this forum will complain about not receiving emails, phone calls or or the gps not working our being slow. I have none of these problems with mine. You have a thirty day satisfaction guaranty so if you don't like it just exchange it for a different phone. As far as Verizon for a service provider, the coverage is fantastic, the data service is second to none, just know that the sales rep's are commission based and will lie to you if it will make a sale. The car dock and the desk dock will not work for audio output until the froyo update releases. I was suckered into buying both with the assurance that the update was just days away, well that was three months ago. I think you'll love android once you learn the OS. Good luck.
0 Likes
JaziJoi

Thank you so much!  I really appreciate the info.  I've been a Verizon customer since I started using cell phones.  I changed ONCE for the two year term I had to be with Nextel, which truly sucked.  So, when I came back I vowed not to leave.  I really want the Black Berry Torch, but refuse to go to AT&T.  I have a couple of friends that have had their service for years and they always have dropped calls, no reception, etc.   So, for service, I feel Verizon is the best.  Their customer service has been good.  However, I feel that their response to their customer's needs is lacking.  But for the choices out here, I haven't seen any place else I would leave them for.  I have to admit that the IPhone and the Black Berry Torch have been very tempting.  :smileysurprised: 

With your input, I will probably go ahead and give the Fascinate a try.  Since there are no major issues with the way the phone performs for my use.  And like you said, I have 30 days to try it and return it.  But that is SUCH a hassel that I wanted to try and make as informed of a choice before I jump.

Again, thank you so much for your input and have a WONDERFUL rest of the weekend!  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

I recently switched from the Storm 2 to the Samsung Fascinate.  I was a little skeptical at first about leaving RIM/BlackBerry but  I'm really am happy with it and glad I switched.  As far as the OS update to 2.2 it's coming people just need to be patient, even though I do understand the irritation of being told it was only a few days away to make a sale, that's not right.

0 Likes
JaziJoi

:smileyhappy: Awesome!!!  Thank you!!!! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes