Re: Worthless!! Where is ICS 4.0.4 for my Nexus??
MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

bgoff60, I'm glad you had better luck then me but not everybody has had your pleasant experience with (finally getting) a phone that works as expected.  So when people get "emotional" over this, keep in mind there may be a dang good reason for it.  You don't know my specific circumstances I've dealt with the past month +.  Only until I filed 2 complaints with the FCC and beat up their facebook page and finally got to a "regional" manager, have the agreed to swap my phone for a different model.  And the only reason they're doing it now is because the "regional" manager had a Nexus himself and traded it in because he was having problems.

Again, I'm gald you're satisfied, but I'M NOT!!!

0 Likes
nursebrent
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amen. Between my wife and I we have have 7 brand new nexus phones in the 3 long months I have been with Verizon. All have had the same issues.... One way audio and random drops of service when I'm sitting in a strong 4g area... I too am waiting for a corporate executive to give me a resolution. Currently I have been promised the update will be out this week even though no one else from verizon technical support is aware.... Pathetic.

0 Likes
bgoff60

so much angst...

I am also a 'vetran' business person and while this phone is 'cool', I do not consider it a toy by any means.  My primary usages are Phone(60%), Email (4 accounts) (30%), Data plan usae (5% - I am at about 3GB per month). It just stirkes my as a bit sad that people get so emotinally bough-in to the fact that their "LIFE" revolves around a piece of technology that is by ANY standard, still evolving.  If you have constructed your life to be THAT reliant upon this device then you need to go home and re-think your life...(Insert Star-Wars wave of hand from bar scene...   Smiley Happy  )  EVERY phone out there has it's own rag-forum about how upset everyone is about some wrong that has not been addressed instantly by  (insert carrier here) and for that, the person will go to their grave swearing they will NEVER go back to "them".

-sorry for the rant but I really do have much more important things to worry about that really do have impact on my life.  My phone is a tool that I get through life with.  If it fails to meet MY expectaions, I get a new one or get a new carrier of both.  I vote with my feet

0 Likes
llichtwalt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds like you have your life FULLY figured out. So why are you on THIS particular thread? You have no complaint about the phone, which this thread is obviously about, so why waste your time on what our issues & LEGITIMATE concern/complaints are?

Save your life lessons for your own children/grandchildren, which is what your, "advice" is about. We in this thread have a problem w/ our phones, how it works, or more accurately how it doesn't work & finally w/ the fact that there is a fix for the issues in the phone. A fix that is being held up by Verizon that affects a service we pay good money for or will have to pay an astronomical amount to leave.

bgoff60

Not really figured out,,,just a different set of priorities.  No grandkids.  But the other 3 persons in our family also have GNex phones and also are having the same good experience as I am.  YES, there is an occasional random reboot...so what...It's not like we are doing brain surgery.  As to WHY I am here, I dropped into this site to see what the official word was on an update that sooner or later will be released.  Verizon has its faults but has anyone bothered to ask why they might be holding it up from a realistic perspective? Do you believe the really LOVE getting beaten up in the forums?  Do you think there is some mean evil over-loard that wakes up every day and flips a coin and then says..."any...not today either..."  You really are full of your own self inportance.  get over yourself...

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

I think another issue that is really irritating people is the fact that you receive conflicting information and solutions. I was told once that I had to send my phone to Samsung to get fixed. Another time I was told I could only get a refurbished phone. I bought a brand new phone when I upgraded not a refurbished phone. I'm in the same boat as kabull, my Nexus is my only phone for personal and business. And the fact that Verizon said a fix was coming in March and two months have passed with no new information.

llichtwalt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok. I'm not going to hijack this thread. Respond to you this last time & then I'm done.

The question I should have asked is actually more direct... Why are you PARTICIPATING in this particular thread, w/ life lessons?! To defend Verizon Wireless? To show how self important you are?! Speaking of which...

Self importance?! Me?! I'm not the one telling people their, "priorities need to be re-evaluated & I have my priorities figured out" etc etc. We have LEGITIMATE concerns/complaints. If you want to offer life lessons via condescending remarks of how everybody has their priorities wrong but you, go comment on a Dr. Phil thread. Better yet go create one.

It's obvious that you have no clue as to how the Nexus line up is SUPPOSED to work. The Nexus is Google's DIRECT answer to the iPhone. Updates are to come directly to the phones/tablets from Google. NOT the carrier. ESPECIALLY when I pay over $400/month for a service I'm not able to FULLY utilize because of a update fix hijacked by the same people I pay my bill to.

People rant on about how Verizon needs to test it etc etc. Bullsh!t. Apple pushed updates via iTune & now through WiFi W/OUT Verizon inserting themself into the middle. This is an issue that NEEDS to be addressed by Verizon w/ action not cheap platitudes & if you don't like it, DON'T read the thread.

rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

Preach it brother!

Randy's Samsung Galaxy Nexus

0 Likes
llichtwalt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you. Another point well made.

0 Likes
rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

All I know is when the iPhone 5 comes out I'm going back to what had always

worked and doesn't have a flawed system. I sold my perfectly working iPhone

4s which I loved but kept hearing how great ics and the nexus was so have

it a try and now deeply regretting it.

Randy's Samsung Galaxy Nexus

0 Likes