Worthless!! Where is ICS 4.0.4 for my Nexus??
rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

This company has got to me the worst, and slowest carrier I have ever seen with updates.  Can't wait until my contract is up October so I can go elsewhere and not look back.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Worthless!! Where is ICS 4.0.4 for my Nexus??
llichtwalt
Enthusiast - Level 3

The difference between your Thunderbolt & someone who purchase a Nexus is night & day.

The Nexus is billed as a pure Android device w/ direct ties to Google updates, no carries bloatware etc etc. That's what a Nexus device has always been about. If anything, Verizon KNEW when they added the Nexus to their lineup whether or not they were going to have control over updates being pushed to the device or if Google was going to. KNOWING this they should not have released the phone w/ the Nexus moniker. rhoopes has a right to be upset & frustrated knowing how the Nexus line is designed to work.

View solution in original post

tremontij
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, impatient much?

Things are not instant.

I think Verizon is actually a pretty good company. (No I do not work for them!) I am a customer just like you. I, too, am waiting on the ICS update for the Thunderbolt. However, I am not going to go post on the forums that I am soooooo disappointed and demand that they send the update to my phone.

Maybe Verizon will be glad to get rid of you too!

0 Likes
llichtwalt
Enthusiast - Level 3

The difference between your Thunderbolt & someone who purchase a Nexus is night & day.

The Nexus is billed as a pure Android device w/ direct ties to Google updates, no carries bloatware etc etc. That's what a Nexus device has always been about. If anything, Verizon KNEW when they added the Nexus to their lineup whether or not they were going to have control over updates being pushed to the device or if Google was going to. KNOWING this they should not have released the phone w/ the Nexus moniker. rhoopes has a right to be upset & frustrated knowing how the Nexus line is designed to work.

rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

Agree with llichwalt. Not only that but Google has already released two updates to the Nexus since Verizon launched the Galaxy Nexus, 4.0.3 and 4.0.4. Obviously Verizon dropped the ball with the Galaxy Nexus considering neither of the updates have made it to the phone. Sprint's CDMA Galaxy Nexus is already running 4.0.4.

You obviously don't understand what a Nexus device is, tremontij. Nexus is suppose to be a pure Google phone, that is suppose to receive promp updates from Google. Thats why all of us who bought it are upset. I bought the phone because it was pure Google OS and free of all the bloatware. The fact the Google has already come out and said that the hold up is on the carriers end, the fault lies with Verizon. But those of us who bought the Galaxy Nexus expecting it to be a pure Google device should of known better when we saw two Verizon Bloatware apps preinstalled. Does Verizon hate the Nexus because they couldn't pre load it with all their CRAPPS like VZ Navigator and VZ Video?

I have no idea why Verizon is dragging their feet with this update but it seems like Verizon has no interest in making the Galaxy Nexus work. They never really advertised the phone like they did with the constant ads for the Razr family of phones. No matter if you talk to a rep in the store or on the phone no one will give you an answer.

kabull
Contributor - Level 1

Tremontij,

Upset????  Apparently, you are new here.  Upset doesn't even begin to describe it.  I have had this phone since day one and it doesn't work as a phone.  Guess I don't have a right to be upset about that? I use my phone for my business and I have been totally embarrassed by the call quality, dropped calls, static etc.  Been told on several occasions to get a real phone and get rid of my prepaid gas station phone.  Had to have my landline reinstalled because this phone is so unreliable??  Nothing to be upset about.  Phone doesn't hold a data connection.....nothing to be upset about???  I don't get 4g unless I park by the tower which is less than a quarter miles from my home with an unobstructed view.  I am routinely operating at a signal strength of -110 dbm or worse.  Nothing to be upset about.  I have been on the phone with both Samsung and Verizon nearly every other week since the end of January and have been lied to, told different things, told there are no other problems with this phone....etc.  I was told to send my phone to Samsung by Samsung....checked this out with Verizon and they said don't do it.  That was March.  My last call to Verizon, I was told to send my phone back to Samsung.  Nice.......nothing to be upset about?  Update was first promised in early March.  Hasn't materialized.  Ive done everything Verizon has asked me to do except send my phone back to them for a refurb.  I didn't pay for a refurb.  Besides research suggests those phones have the same issues as mine.  I have seven lines with Verizon and pay them $550 a month.  The fact that my phone doesn't work as phone is nothing to be upset about????  The fact that they are still selling this phone and telling buyers who question the issues that update is coming out any day (that was in April)....that's ok??

kabull
Contributor - Level 1

Oh and I am not waiting for something as trivial as ICS.........I am waiting for my phone to work. 

rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

Couldn't have said it better myself Kabull!

Randy's Samsung Galaxy Nexus

MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

As a fellow Nexus owner who also has daily problems, I too would like to point out that tremontjj is dead wrong and out of line with his comments.

Our phones have several KNOWN CRITICAL issues and Verizon is holding the update that is supposed to fix this phone.  We've gone over 5 months with these known issues.  Some examples are random reboots, complete loss of signal where the signal is otherwise good, mic cutting off.  These are NOT just annoying inconveniences that we're dealing with here.

Take a look at the (literally) thousands of complaints before you suggest somebody is simply "impatient".

I had an emergency and my phone was in the middle of a reboot so of course I had to wait on it before I could make a call.  Now go enjoy your phone that works like expected and take caution the next time you want to make comments like you have.

0 Likes
bgoff60

kids...tone it down...it's a phone!  I too am waiting and have <deleted per TOS> and gone back to stock.  My FIRST GNex was returned after 8 hours because it just quit working  went into a constant boot loop...I didn't have a hissy...I dealt with it.  The second one was much better but never got a 4G signal...returned next morning...third one has been flawless in every respect...I would be happy to wait a bit longer as life is to short to structure your entire emotional existance around an update - REALLY???  NOw, having to have gone tot he 3rd one to get a stable and well-functioning unit is a bit odd I will grant you that.  But, If you think about what you have in the palm of your hands it is truely amazing.  There is more power and features in the GNex than you $2,500 custom built PC had in it 4 years ago.  This thing is a small as a pack of smokes and has more power than most of the average users care to admit.  I recommend that if you are having issues with feature x,y,or z then go to a Verizon store and request a replacement.  If you suffer with something that isn't as you ant it only so you can complain then shame on you.  Maybe a Nokia brick phone is what you need...

-Peace-

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

bgoff60 Your phone may be just a cool toy to you to show off to your buds.  I am a business person and the seven lines I have with Verizon are a huge source of my livelihood.  It is a major headache when I CANNOT rely on these phones....not to be cool and  to be awesome.....TO WORK AS A TELEPHONE.........TO GET THE 4 G TO USE THE DATA.  This phone has the ability to be phenomenal but it isn't.  It's got the bells and whistles, just missing the basics.  As a business person I cannot void contracts by rooting etc.  OH, I have been to Verizon store many times and asked for a replacement...Right. No chance of that.   

0 Likes