Re: Will Verizon soon offer plans with unlimited data?
aching

We were with Altell originally and have managed to keep Altell's plan until this coming January. Verizon is forcing us to change to one of their plans. I currently have the unlimited data plan for my WiFi internet card, when I went to upgrade to the newer card they told me I would lose my unlimited coverage, so I stayed with the old card. I live in rural NC and have no other options for internet service, no DSL, no cable, no fiber optic. When I am forced to move to the newer plans, I will have to revert back to dial-up internet service. I cannot afford to change my plan. Verizon is also the only service that services my area, I have no choice. They are really going to stick it to me, I have been with them for 7 years and currently pay $226 a month for 1 smartphone, 3 regular phones and my internet card,. My car payment is less!!!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Does your current device still work?  Why do you have to upgrade right now?  Just because your 2 years is up doesn't mean you have to upgrade. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your current wifi card for Wireless Broadband is an Alltel branded device, then all you need to do is purchase from a third party a Verizon Wireless branded 3G only broadband device similar to your current device. That is the only way for you to keep your unlimited broadband data plan. The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE broadband devices have never been eligible for use on the retired unlimited broadband data plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI, Verizon Wireless is shutting down the Alltel data portion of the network that they were running for legacy devices. This is occurring in 2013 (January I think). Users with Alltel branded devices will only have access to voice and text when this shutdown happens.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WSURaiders3910
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's your answer to everything. Move or leave the service. My answer to you is make me. I can comment on whatever I want and continue to disprove your sorry answers for everything. All you and tidbits do is talk trash to anyone who disagrees with Verizon on any feature. You guys run off at the mouth like you guys own VERIZON, that's why I ask you if you work for them. You seem to know EVERYTHING!  Like I said, I've been with Verizon for almost 20 years, so I highly doubt they want customers like me to just leave, but maybe they do. Either way, I will continue posting on whatever I want, whenever I want and proving that some of your answers are just plain out wrong.

Tidbits
Legend

You are looking at the smaller picture to comprehend. Bigger picture we live in a free market. Bottom line affect companies and policies. What your are doing is helping these companies. I have said it multiple times. If it ever gets to the point where i want to complain like you i WILL drop service. I won't spread FUD or cry about it. I will take my hard earned money and use it elsewhere. I hold no loyalty to anyone but myself when it comes to what I earn.

0 Likes
WSURaiders3910
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're proving my point for me. Why do you care or waste your time commenting on my comments when you could be making hard earned money? Your logic doesn't work and I'm not crying about anything.  As a matter of fact, I've commented on 2 or 3 posts on this whole forum. The first being Verizon's update schedule for phones and the second being the unlimited data issue. I have 12 points (comments) on these forums to be exact.  I believe you have 5390 points, so why do you spend so much time on here arguing with people, because every thread I look at you are on there trying to disprove something that someone has said about Verizon. Why?  Why do you care? I care about these two issues, so I commented and I get a snow ball of comments from you and Brian. You seem like you troll these forums and try to start arguments with people that say anything halfway negative about Verizon.  If you don't agree with my post, don't comment on it. If you do post, expect people with a backbone to comment back.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You are proving my point. If people did what I said then carriers will have to work for our money. Yet people would rather complain and moan while fitting the bill. Some go as far as spreading misinformation like your Telsa link on their data prices when in fact they charge $30 more for 1GB less than Verizon in a comparable plan. They also don't cover 70%+of their continent. You should move to Canada or Australia and let us know how much better they are.

0 Likes
WSURaiders3910
Enthusiast - Level 2

Again you keep talking. I'm not moving anywhere. Again, nothing you can do about it. You and Brian call it misinformation and everyone is supposed to believe you guys. What makes you so special and how do you know Verizon is cheaper on a comparable plan? Where's your proof? Your word, right? How are you making Verizon work for your money again? By telling everyone they are way better and their service is great and you shouldn't complain about unlimited being cancelled when they don't have a feasible solution in place for anyone with less than 5 phones on one contract. Yeah, ok you're right and everyone else is wrong.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I linked it. I showed the prices and coverage maps. Not my fault if you don't want to read the links.

Of course you are not going to go anywhere. You are the kind of people carriers like. At some point I will leave Verizon when I don't agree with their terms in relation to pricing.

0 Likes