Re: Will Verizon soon offer plans with unlimited data?
Tidbits
Legend

Size of Sweden?  Size of the United States?  Of course it'll be cheaper...  Geography says it all.

0 Likes
Not applicable

WSURaiders3910 wrote:

Source on it being bogus????

MATH makes it bogus.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Tidbits wrote:

Size of Sweden?  Size of the United States?  Of course it'll be cheaper...  Geography says it all.

Just for comparison, Sweden slightly larger than California with 1/4 the population of California. Yeah I'd think it would be cheaper. Especially when the government funds most of the infrastructure.

0 Likes
WSURaiders3910
Enthusiast - Level 2

By your logic, Australia, which is somewhat geographically similar in size to the US would never be able to offer 8gb for $49.95 or 15gb for $99.95, but they do. Comparatively, Verizon offers 8gb for $90 or 10gb for $100.

http://www.telstra.com.au/business-enterprise/business-products/internet-data/devices/usb-4g/#tab-st...

0 Likes
WSURaiders3910
Enthusiast - Level 2

LOL on MATH making it bogus. On the other forum we were discussing Verizon holding an update for 5 months after everyone else had it.  You wouldn't accept a calendar (5 months after everyone else) as proof, you wanted to see written articles on it (which I showed you) and now everyone is supposed to believe your math. Really? Do you and tidbits work for Verizon or what? No matter what topic I comment on, you guys jump in and start talking.  I've only started today with commenting on these forums and you are everywhere anytime anyone disagrees with Verizon on something. Like I said in the other post, I've been with them since 1995, so I don't disagree on them with everything but they are getting worse.  This is a forum to discuss Verizon issues is it not? But every time you two jump on and start saying you're wrong, etc. Where are the moderators in these forums? How come they never comment? Are you commenting for them?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I work for one of the largest networks in the world. You pay me when you pay your taxes. I tell you now the amount of equipment to cover Sweden is less than what any carrier in the US have to deploy in the US. Of course Sweden would be cheaper.

Let's do an experiment shall we. Why don't you spend money and offer your home data connection to everyone in your block while maintaining 3mbps for everyone in your neighborhood. Welcome to Sweden(just your home) compared to your expanded network(15th largest network in the US). Let me know how it fairs and what you paid.

0 Likes
Not applicable

WSURaiders3910 wrote:

By your logic, Australia, which is somewhat geographically similar in size to the US would never be able to offer 8gb for $49.95 or 15gb for $99.95, but they do. Comparatively, Verizon offers 8gb for $90 or 10gb for $100.

http://www.telstra.com.au/business-enterprise/business-products/internet-data/devices/usb-4g/#tab-st...

The webpage you site is for business/enterprise customers.  It's also a USB device you plug into your laptop, not mobile phones.

My wife works for one of the largest banks here in the US and thier deal with Verizon is they get a 4G USB device for her laptop that allows UNLIMITED data for $39.99/month.

I'll also bet Verizons LTE coverage here in the US is better than Telstras LTE coverage in Australia. 

Mobile phones for wireless is a different animal.

Not applicable

WSURaiders3910 wrote:

You do realize that NO ONE lives in the interior of Australia. Everyone lives on the coast so actually the amount of area that Australia has to cover is less. Also like Sweden a lot of the infrastructure is paid for by the government. That is not happening nor will it happen here.

Also you do realize that $100 for 10 GB also includes unlimited minutes and texting. I know the unlimited texting cost $30 under old pricing.

If it's so great elsewhere then move.

Lastly, if you think Verizon is so evil and greedy why are you doing business with them?

Not applicable

WSURaiders3910 wrote:

This is a forum to discuss Verizon issues is it not?

Yes ISSUES. Not "Verizon is ripping off it's customers. Here's some B-S article written by someone with an agenda and/or is also stupid as proof."

So do you have an actual "issue" or are you going to just continue with your conspiracy theories?

Also no I do not work for Verizon. I find it hilarious that not agreeing with the "Verizon is evil" crowd makes one a Verizon employee or pro-Verizon. I have issues with Verizon. I base them on REALITY not fantasy.

I also find it ironic that you claim WE follow you around and tell you that you're wrong? What are YOU doing? You're saying I'm wrong. And frankly you post AFTER my posts as well. So hypocrite yourself much?

The mod will post when there is an actual violation. If they aren't going to delete the many posts accusing Verizon of ripping people off then what I and tidbits post are not even close to a violation. If I was a mod I'd delete every one of those posts and ban the users from the forum.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

WSURaiders3910 wrote:

Let's look at the coverage maps shall we?  Telstra does not cover nearly 70% of their country.  Also I love how you show the Business plans which is completely different than their consumer plans.

Here's their coverage map. http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/coverage-networks/our-coverage/coverage-search/

Currently it's $1 to $1 or close to it when converting currency.

it's $100 if you BYOD

It's $130 if you get subsidization for a device.

Unlimited calling, Unlimited text, and 3GB of data

https://onlineshop.telstra.com.au/?ti=TR:TR:Sep12:personalhome:postpaidshop

If you notice 10 cents per MB.  1024 x.10 = $10.24 per GB.  Pretty awesome huh?

Now look at Verizon's new share everything for 1 line

unlimited calling Unlimited text, and 4G of data for $110.  Doing the math if you were in Aussie town you'd pay the same for Verizon offers.

0 Likes