Re: Will Verizon soon offer plans with unlimited data?
Wildman
Legend

Sorry if I misunderstood your post but it has became a regular for users to upgrade first and then complain about what they signed up for..  

I understand and do not disagree about the concept of paying full retail for a device but as for the unlimited plans go I seen the change coming a few years agao because so many complained when they was using 50-100 gigs a month because they used the connection for home internet service.

Basically users try to milk the system and then complain when it gets changed because of the misuse of the product.

As for using wifi, Android devices allow user to disable data on their devices also but as you must not know, MMS is tied into the SMS network system and required data to transmit so wifi wont work for that situation.

There is a number of light users plans you can look into if this is what you are needing.

LuvMyLabs
Contributor - Level 1

Well, what I am actually needing is for verizon to stand by what they said. What is MMS, texting? Because if it is, verizon charges for texting so that is already taken care of. I think it said something like $20.00 for unlimited texting. So I would take that to mean exactly what it says.....I can text 24/7. Or does the texting policy exclude certain things? I don't remember seeing that.

Edit.....Ok....I checked my phone...it say MMS carrier rates may apply if iMessage is not available..  Solved! I only text pics and videos to other iphones. If iMessage is available, it is blue and if not, it is green. So green.....only words and blue whatever I want for free.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

LuvMyLabs wrote:

What is MMS, texting? Because if it is, verizon charges for texting so that is already taken care of.

Picture texts; they cannot be sent/received over wi-fi, but require cellular service.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
  1. You do realize that you are posting in a Android area about a iPhone?  
  2. Also no matter how you look at it and what app you send a MMS from it requires data to send and doesnt function without it.

It may be a bit wise for you to sit down and go over your bill on what you are being charged for and why you are being charged, I believe things would make more sense.

LuvMyLabs
Contributor - Level 1

I am talking about data and texting in a data thread. The iphone is only relevent because iMessage is a free texting service that allows you to send textes, pictures, videos over wifi with no cellular connection required to other apple devices.

So case in point.....text to other apple products and you do not need a cellular connection, hence no cellular data. You can do it over wifi alone.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually, you're talking about data and texting in a Samsung Galaxy Nexus thread.

Wildman
Legend

OK.. did not know that but the fact is, if you posted your post on the thread for the device you have the users would be open to you statements...

Just because you are speaking on data means nothing when your device doesn't function the same as the device area you are posting in..

Oh well, it doesn't matter because I do not see the situation changing and the OP question has been answered..

0 Likes
WSURaiders3910
Enthusiast - Level 2

The rest of the world has cheap LTE. Verizon is gouging for their LTE, which makes people want to keep their unlimited data.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/technology/americans-paying-more-for-lte-service.html?_r=0

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hey thanks for an old news article. Anyway that article is bogus. Hmmm it's cheaper to bring LTE to countries smaller than most US states! You don't say.

0 Likes
WSURaiders3910
Enthusiast - Level 2

Source on it being bogus????

0 Likes