WiFi Hotspot Tethering Dropouts
DarfNader

I am having a problem where computers which are using my hotspot keep losing network connectivity. The computer believes it is connected to the wifi network, however there is not actually network connection. I have to turn my computers wifi off and on to resolve the issue, however it will continue regularly. It seems to be associated to when my phone receives data like an email. It is as if receiving the email interrupts the hotspot. I have had this happen with multiple computers so this is not something that  isolated to a single computer. In this case it is a MacBook pro and and iPad.

0 Likes
Re: WiFi Hotspot Tethering Dropouts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DarfNader, I apologize for the delay in my response. I know how important it is to have a reliable connection on your computer. I can only imagine how inconvenient this must be and I’m here to help.

Are you still having this issue? How long have you had this issue? Do you lose the mobile hotspot connection on your computer every time you receive an email on your phone? Has this always been the case or is it something that just recently started happening?

I’ve researched this and did not find it to be a known issue with your device. Try running the phone in Safe Mode http://bit.ly/vW58PM to see if you notice a difference. I want to make sure it’s not a 3rd party app causing the issue.

Keep me posted.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes