Why does my samsung fascinate die overnight?
rosalea123

I have the samsung galaxy, and I always keep is completely charged. I have the settings on my brightness down, and everything else that I think and my phone says could be causing my low battery. But, when I go to bed at night and I wake up in the morning, I'll check my phone and it says that I have to charge my phone soon or it will shut down. I've had the phone for awhile, and it only recently started doing it after my vibrate stopped working and I looked up how to fix it and it said to completely factory reset my phone. Please help

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does my samsung fascinate die overnight?
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2

rosalea123 wrote:

I have the samsung galaxy, and I always keep is completely charged. I have the settings on my brightness down, and everything else that I think and my phone says could be causing my low battery. But, when I go to bed at night and I wake up in the morning, I'll check my phone and it says that I have to charge my phone soon or it will shut down. I've had the phone for awhile, and it only recently started doing it after my vibrate stopped working and I looked up how to fix it and it said to completely factory reset my phone. Please help

Rosalea,

I did the factory data reset and battery bump after the FroYo update.  It was recommended by many advanced users to do after the OTA FroYo update.  The data reset was not fun because you end up with an out of the box phone and have to start with the customization and app download all over again.  There are apps like Titanium and MyBackup that will help with the app backup.  At the very least, if you do the reset, be sure and sync your contacts.  All in all, I noticed that the battery "lasted" longer and the phones performance increased.

I'd try the battery bump thing first.  With the phone on, put it on the charger and let it go to 100%.  Unplug the phone, shut it off, plug back in the charger and again let it go to 100%.  Unplug charger, turn on the phone, put it back on the charger and let it go to 100%.  That should help.

There are many other things that can eat battery life.  Email sync interval, weak phone signal, live wallpaper are some of the biggies.

Hope that helps!

Ed sends

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PO_pack_mule
Contributor - Level 2

rosalea123 wrote:

Rosalea,

I did the factory data reset and battery bump after the FroYo update.  It was recommended by many advanced users to do after the OTA FroYo update.  The data reset was not fun because you end up with an out of the box phone and have to start with the customization and app download all over again.  There are apps like Titanium and MyBackup that will help with the app backup.  At the very least, if you do the reset, be sure and sync your contacts.  All in all, I noticed that the battery "lasted" longer and the phones performance increased.

I'd try the battery bump thing first.  With the phone on, put it on the charger and let it go to 100%.  Unplug the phone, shut it off, plug back in the charger and again let it go to 100%.  Unplug charger, turn on the phone, put it back on the charger and let it go to 100%.  That should help.

There are many other things that can eat battery life.  Email sync interval, weak phone signal, live wallpaper are some of the biggies.

Hope that helps!

Ed sends

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

PO_pack_mule wrote:

rosalea123 wrote:

Rosalea,

Hope that helps!

Ed sends

Also check your services running in the backgound
0 Likes