Re: Where's the Galaxy Nexus?!?!
pdub73
Enthusiast - Level 1

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/12/09/yes-folks-december-15-is-verizons-new-target-for-the-galaxy-nex...

This link states the New-New tentative release date for the Nexus...still nothing official, but people are saying they have recieved emails from Verizon stating the nexus will be sold starting Dec. 15.

0 Likes
cstephens

I went into a Verizon store, Wednesday night, and was shown the Nexus. I got a chance to play with the phone, but with the 4G network being down, there was very little I could do. The sales man told me the phones were SLATED to go sale December 9th, but that he could sell it to me on the 8th; at the earliest. Further, with the network being down and no ETA on uptime he was wondering if he'd be able to sell it to me on the 8th. While preparing to leave a deposit to hold this phone (one of FOUR in the entire store) his regional manager stops him when he receives an email announcing the phone's release was on hold until further notice. The sales rep apologized and told me he wouldn't take my deposit because he didn't know when the phone would be released. He did promise to contact me when he found out the new release date. He contacted me yesterday and told me the phone will be released on December 15th, as communicated by his corporate manager. So, there!

0 Likes
glof1967

I thought there was a sign-up page where you registered your email address and you would get updates.  Has anyone ever received an email with an update?

0 Likes
Scooby_Rex

glof1967 wrote:

I thought there was a sign-up page where you registered your email address and you would get updates.  Has anyone ever received an email with an update?

Nope, not 1.  I signed up on Verizon, Google, and Samsung.  We DON'T NEED CONCRETE DATES.  Just give us some kind of update.  It would have been nice to get an update when the phone was going to FCC for approval, an update when they got FCC approval, an update they're testing the phone, etc.  The phones are in the stores and we can't even get a courtesy update.  Our only update will be a week after the phone is released.  I can see it now

12-22:  Verizon update:  The Galaxy nexus will be available for in-store pickup starting on 12-15-2011.  Hurry to your local Verizon Wireless store as stock is limited and expected to sell out fast.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

As far as I know, not until any of the items in question was released.

0 Likes
Nolephan

Does Time Magazine say that it is the #2 US gadget? Time is a GLOBAL magazine, and the phone HAS been released elsewhere. No need for them to revise that to 2012!

That was supposed to be sarcastic and a play on the fact that the phone isnt out yet in the US and it's almost 2012. Sorry if It came across any other way.

Actually, YOUR INTERPRETATION of their silence is that you are being fed **bleep**. Why don't you just alter your interpretation in to a better translation. Do you think theY DON'T want it to be the best possible phone? What would be the reasoning in that?

Agreed that it is my interpretation of their silence. I did not send my message stating that it was gospel and matter of fact. All of this came from my frustration with their silence. And If they want it to be the best possible phone and want to put their best foot forward on the phone then where is the marketing and where is the same hoopla that preceded their other phones? Especially if any of this other information is correct about the 15th. Are they going to wait to market and announce the release of the phone on the 14th? what kind of marketing plan is that?

You say that you want information and that you will be happy. What if they gave you information that you want to hear such as your requested "Hey..we are working to make sure the phone is going to be the best possible phone when it's released and in order to do that we need to do XYZ. Once we have done that we will update you with further information", and come up with the date to be after Jan 15th? That should make you happy, right, since you have gotten more information as you requested, or will you still complain since they didn't give you the date you wanted to hear? It seems to me that the Nexus WILL be ready before Jan 15th and Verizon IS supplying you with a LOANER PHONE due to their extended holiday return policy. It amazes me that people just like to complain. They are going to complain anyway, so why should Verizon do anything differently?

If they gave me the information that  the phone wasnt being released till after Jan 15h I would not be happy about the release date of the phone but I *WOULD* have some course of action to take knowing that. I would not have to sit around with the droid razr in my possession and hope that the phone comes out before the 15th so I am not "stuck" with a phone I never really intended to have. I will also say that this "LOANER PHONE" verizon is supplying me because they can't seem to get their act together is going to cost me $35 when I hopefully exchange it for the phone I should have originally had back when my OG droid failed. 

When it comes down to it all I am saying is that all of this would NOT be an issue if Verizon showed some transparency into what's going on with the phone. All it takes is a well crafted statement from them concerning whats going on and most of the people who are complaining (atleast about lack of information) won't have anything to complain about anymore.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

glof1967 wrote:

i signed up for iphone updates. never got any email. i did the same thing for the thunderbolt. i got an email letting me know it was available for purchase.......2 weeks after i had already bought it....lol. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

gshaw1 wrote:

I don't think any businesses use the model your talking about "Verizon doesn't need to announce".  That's the reason we are so peeved!

I hardly think anyone can call this rushed out when South Africa, Canada, & Europe has announced it availability already.

that's the HSPA+ version though correct? (i could be wrong). 2 carriers launched it in canada.....the HSPA+ version. as far as i know, nobody has launched an LTE version.

Second I own a Razr and it's going back, as well as, a lot of the Rezounds & Razr's that were sold.  You may have missed their holiday return period, but it lasts from November 15 - Jan 3rd.  I am positive it will have a negative impact on these phones because we only playing them.  Mine is going back to exchange on a Nexus on launch day.

If your not happy because we expect better service from Verizon, go post somewhere else.  But to say that they don't need to announce the phone in the same way all of the other phones that were released is bogus!

GMAN

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well the way i see it:  when it gets here!  it gets here!  An when it does.. it will be nit picked from here to there as well as other phones that have been released lately.  i guess that's to be expected as this goes with anything anymore these Days.

And i was so hyped up when Bionic Launched to be let down by the issues that's plauge it. An the so called great new 4G network that seems that every time a bear Farts :smileyindifferent: :smileytongue: >> it goes Down.

I've gotten to the point were My phones.. my X an Incredible work for me they may tinkle alittle issue here an there but they work maybee not perfect as said but they work. An untill a phone has been out for a while an i see the issues subside alittle i'm not going even worrie about getting a new one.

0 Likes
sineo

Verizon you have been the bain of my existence...I absolutely hate you. You handled the release of the Galaxy Nexus horribly. How hard is it to just put out a simple statement, letting your customers and potential customers know where you are in the process of actually selling the Galaxy Nexus. I put my email in that stupid form on the verizon galaxy nexus page and have yet to recieve any updates or notifications of any sort. Shows how much you care about your customers. We just want some details.

0 Likes