Re: Where's the Galaxy Nexus?!?!
techjunkie64

Tidbits wrote:
ATT isn't penta band. It only covers their frequencies from what I saw on the fcc reports and rumors.
There's a reason which I won't go into detailed essay type deal. Just that CDMA isn't the issue. LTE is.

Thanks for the heads up on the AT&T version not being pentaband like the Euro version, I'll just pick up from one of the many over-seas distributors that are shipping pentaband to the U.S. in that case.

I'm hoping that it's not going to be an issue, anyway, and can just stick with VZ.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
Verizon will release it. I already ordered the European one for work related reasons. Might opt for another phone next year. Maybe pick up the Droid 4 for personal use.
0 Likes
techjunkie64

It's also available now on Amazon US site from 3 sources - in stock :smileyhappy:

(GSM unlocked version, NOT the Verizon version - don't get excited!)

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
I suggest Negri they are the best when I need something.
0 Likes
sethm1

Well, I could not take it any more, Droid acting up so much almost threw it across the room.

Picked up a Razr- though fully intend to return next week as Dec 9 is the new rumor.

Other wise I have 90 days for an exchange.

Sure CES is around the corner, I just do not see anything new before March.

Do hope the manufactures come out with a smaller phone then the Razr & Nexus.  If I want to watch a movie - then I'll whip out my IPad 2.  Phones are getting bigger but my shirt pockets are not.

0 Likes
Xandor

With all the leaks saying that the Nexus will be out on 12/9...screenshots, pics of inventory, etc -- why doesn't verizon just get off their high horse and confirm the launch date already!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

just a guess.....but the 9th is in two days and they haven't said anything, so i wouldn't count on it launching on the 9th.

0 Likes
techjunkie64

At this point I think it just might launch with absolutely no warning at all.  I'm almost beginning to think this is a little test by their PR department to see just how far CAN they push their customers and still retain them.

If the Nexus isn't a "runaway success" because of the botched release, lack of marketing on their part, and total apathy towards the customers anxiously awaiting release, they can have more clout when it comes to negotiating installing more crapware (ANY program that is added that I can not remove, to me, is crapware - whether it's useful or not.), more control over other aspects of the release... What ever it was that they aren't happy with havening to concede to Google to get the exclusive US release on this phone.

My guess is the markup on the other phones is higher for them, not to mention the percentage of fools who will spend additional money on the pre-installed apps buying moving clips, visual voice mail etc on the other phones.  I'm sure that there is also a kick-back on some of the pre-installed non-Verizon stuff that they are foisting on the the purchasers of other phones.

Maybe there was a REAL issue with the phone, but until something is proven to the contrary... my opinion of VZ is going downhill by the day.

0 Likes
bmt626

well the rumors are it is delayed again and previous screenshots from vzw systems now show 12/9 replaced with coming soon!

they have completley messed this launch up alot of people have started qiving up on it and jumping ship or getting phones they previously didnt care about

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i think everyone is jumping to conclusions just a bit. verizon NEVER announces a launch until they know FOR SURE that they are ready to go. they are likely having issues that don't allow this device to pass their QC testing. they have never launched anything late ( that i recall?). the problem lies in all of the blogs, forums, and rumors. people take leaked info and speculation as if verizon has somehow stated it. they haven't announced any dates.....even tentative. yet, many people view this as a botched or late launch. it's not. the phone's not ready......or they would be selling it. it is the BEST time of the year to push a product and if they could, then they certainly would. sure....it would be nice if they would make statements to keep people informed about future releases.....but would you really be satisfied with "at this time we do not know when it will be ready and available"???? because that's really all they would have to say. they are definitely not going to get in to what the issues are, where the problems are, etc......that just wouldn't be smart business.

the tbolt launched in March, which was well ahead of initial rumors from the CES show that were for "later this year" or "in the second quarter."....but because a few testers got out there, and then leaked photos, and then leaked verizon info pages, etc, etc., the forums had a fit when it wasn't launched by the begining of march.

0 Likes