Re: Where's the Galaxy Nexus?!?!
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

Add this to the latest "Where [Edited to comply with Terms of Service]is the Nexus" rumor.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/01/verizon-galaxy-nexus-landing-in-best-buy-on-december-11th/

This phone is starting to sound like an Urban Legend. Hey VZW hurry up with it. I only have so much time to return this Razr.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Scooby_Rex wrote:

Tidbits wrote:
Actually giving hard dates are a bad thing. In the past 2 years there have been lawsuits when a company gives a soft date with no promises. It's a catch 22. If I was in the same situation I would keep my mouth shut too. Why bother with litigation over something that isn't promised and people are over zealous. Hard to have a happy medium when customers tend to be on either side of the spectrum.

I'm sure the corporate lawyers are busy.

They should be able to give us a pre-order date.  There's no rule written in stone that says a device has to be available within x number of days from the pre-order date.  I understand things happen and it might not ship immediately.  Just let me order it so I can establish my spot in line and stop stressing over it.

Why setup a "Sign up for more information page" if you're not going to give us any information?  I signed up for more information on the Galaxy Nexus and I've gotten plenty of spam for the Droid RAZR, but nothing about the Nexus.

The silent treatment gives customers the feeling Verizon doesn't care about them.

i wouldn't worry about it. it's not going to be THAT big of a deal. they missed black friday and will apparently be well into december (at least) before it's launched. average users have bought what they want by now. androids don't have major shortages and huge lines for launch (well i guess they incredile was about a 4 week wait in 2010, but that was due to a screen shortage, not demand only). they simply don't sell like an iphone at launch.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Scooby_Rex wrote:
"2nd: It allows bloggers to post incorrect launch dates. You've seen these too. Verizon Galaxy Nexus will be available on the 17th. No wait, it's the 21st. Then a (supposedly) confirmed source says it will be available on the 29th. All of these dates have come and gone, and shock of all shocks, it's not available yet. There has been a sign-up page for well over a month from Samsung, Google, and Verizon WITHOUT ONE SINGLE UPDATE. A simple status update either to those who signed up or on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus landing page could eliminate all of these rumors."

I seem to recall that Verizon was just as silent and there were just as many rumors of release dates for the HTC Thunderbolt. It was announced in January at CES and then finally released in mid-March after over a month of release date speculation.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

and 3 weeks of the tbolt actually being in best buy's ads. heck....best buy was taking $50 deposits for it AND advertising it, but nobody could tell you when it was coming....lol. i think we got the actual announcement less than a week prior to launch.

0 Likes
KLRSKIR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Patiently I wait! Thanks to all who have provided useful information in this thread, much appreciated.

0 Likes
sethm

My take on this is that Verizon is trying to push more Razrs & Rezounds out the door.

I just may be one of those people with the FULL intent on returning the phone for when the Nexus comes out - and hopefully thats before Jan 15th 2012 !

Even though Verizon allowing for exchanges & returns till Jan 15, wonder if there is a restock or some other fee involved.

Hope the phone is as good as I all the hype I am reading.

Wonder if we should call the Nexus the Verizon Galaxy Bionic Nexus.

Then of course CES is around the corner and wonder what new phones then will be introduced- and if those will come out before the Nexus.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you always have only 3 days to return or exchange. after that, there's a $30 restock fee. but $30 to "rent" a rezound for a month and a half isn't bad. you may find that you'll want to just keep it. it's a pretty sweet phone.

0 Likes
techjunkie64

carseller0822 wrote:

Add this to the latest "Where[Edited to comply with Terms of Service]is the Nexus" rumor.

This phone is starting to sound like an Urban Legend. Hey VZW hurry up with it. I only have so much time to return this Razr.

If you run out of "Time" return the RAZR, go back to your old phone for a few days, then pick up the Nexus.

For me, this whole ordeal is giving me a bad omen of what's to come when the next release of Android comes out.  If VZ is going to take weeks to get it out the door, and the rest of the world has it pushed the day it is available, it will be the last CDMA phone I purchase.

I'm actually pretty darn close to just waiting for the pentaband GSM version to come out, since it's passed FCC approval, and switch carriers, just to avioid that possible scenario.  Luckily my contract is up on the two phones I was going to replace with the GNEX, so I don't need to worry about any termination fees or anything.

Don't get me wrong, I've had great service with Verizon, and I'm not itching to leave Verizon, but at this point I'm just numb with all the waiting.  I can give it until the 11th no problem, but if it goes much beyond that OR if the price is $299 instead of the $199 we saw that it WAS going to be offered for around black Friday, I'll likely just opt to pay the extra $250-$300 per phone and go with the pentaband GSM model.  My regional GSM carrier offers $100 for porting a number, so the extra amount to be totally off-contract would only amount to $150-$200 per phone which I'd recoup in a year with the lower plan rates on their pre-paid service, they have roaming agreements with both of the national GSM carriers, and a bunch of other regional ones in other states for voice and data, so I'm covered there.  A couple months ago I bought a pre-paid phone of theirs for $20 and 7 days of service just to check coverage, and it's excellent in all the states and areas that I routinely travel through, with the exception of a small area of Wisconsin, but I'm only in those areas for 20-30 minutes while passing through, and then it's only every couple months.  I can easily live with that. little lapse in coverage. m(besides VZ's 3G data coverage in north Missouri is far worse.)

The way I look at it, I'll have a GNEX in my hands by the end of next week, regardless.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
ATT isn't penta band. It only covers their frequencies from what I saw on the fcc reports and rumors.
There's a reason which I won't go into detailed essay type deal. Just that CDMA isn't the issue. LTE is.
0 Likes
jleebiker
Enthusiast - Level 3

It'll come out when it comes out. I am with all of you who are eager for it, but bottom line, I'd rather wait for something if it means they are working out the bugs.

This reminds me of the discussions over at the Motorola Owner's Forums. There was TONS of posts asking for when the Bionic was due out, it came out, then the Razr was released inside a few weeks and then there was a "village riot" of people demanding that Moto or Vzw allow them to return the Bionic in exchange for the Razr. People were ridiculous, no one made them buy the phone and then they got upset with all the bugs and the fact that there was a new phone out.

CES is coming up in Jan. There are tons of things out there that say VZW is going to announce some things at CES. Who's to say VZW won't announce yet a diff device then? It's all speculation and hearsay until we actually see them in our hands.

In the meantime, I think people need to work more on testing and trying out export tools and methods for getting their important data off their old devices in anticipation to move to a new device of SOME sort.

0 Likes