Re: Where's my update it's January 10th
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

**bleep** My dog i missed your comments, must have been deleted before I read them.V should not delete we need to see all complaints

0 Likes
micdawg

I thought it was a great comment.  Apparently VZW did not.  Oh well, to each their own.  It's not our fault they can't run a respectable company.

[Edited to comply with Terms of Service]

0 Likes
szeck87
0 Likes
St3v3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, so I just spoke to Verzion Technical Support for an issue in another thread (InnPatho ActiveCare Server Unavailable) who stated that I have the most current Android Update listed as Froyo verified by my Baseband version of S:i500.04 V.DI01... She also stated that she didn't have a release date yet, but Google just announced Gingerbread and it should be out soon too. Completely confused I questioned her again about having Froyo as I still have GPS issues to which she said the best way to fix that is to do the Master Reset and that I wouldn't loose any of my software. Again questioning her further she said all my software is in the phone, but I would loose anything I have added to my software like notes in Memo and then what seemed like a side note that I would also loose any apps I downloaded. Apparently I have Froyo! Lucky me... If only I still believed in the tooth fairy my day would be complete.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Szeck87 But did it say when we will get the fixes?  I didn't see anything but they were rolling it out in Jersey. I thought it would be put over air and we all could get at same time

0 Likes
St3v3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not wanting to give up I called back and spoke to a gentleman who took his time and verified all the information I gave him. As we all know the Fascinate shipped with Version 2.1 and had an update in September to 2.1 update1. And...there are NO updates listed for this phone at this time.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

St3v3 wrote:

Not wanting to give up I called back and spoke to a gentleman who took his time and verified all the information I gave him. As we all know the Fascinate shipped with Version 2.1 and had an update in September to 2.1 update1. And...there are NO updates listed for this phone at this time.

Not entirely true.  The first half is correct but as posted above, Verizon is pushing out DL09 which should fix the GPS problems along with some other minor issues.  It isn't Froyo but it should solve a majority of the complaints other than the non-working audio port on the dock

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/samsung_fascinate.html

0 Likes
szeck87

@bigfrank69

I don't have the update either, I basing off what that article says.  They can't roll it out to everybody at once so they do it in stages, it will be available sometime this week I'm sure.

0 Likes
St3v3
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's sad when the community knows more than tech support, but it's all good news! I don't have the update yet,  but will keep checking. Thank you!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Unfortunately that's the case 99.999% of the time.  This same DL09 update has been floating around on the developer forums since Dec 30th and was probably on IRC well before that. 

0 Likes