Where is my Android 4.2 update? I HATE Verizon!!!!!!!!!
bevochan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can't wait until my contract is up!

0 Likes
Re: Where is my Android 4.2 update? I HATE Verizon!!!!!!!!!
Solitaire605
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is a question all of us have, unfortunately VZW's policy is the "Mushroom policy". My only choices for service is AT&T or VZW (not much choice) or go without. Rumors are that a 4.2.2 has been "leaked" but I'll not hold my breath as I went through this with my Galaxy Tab 7.7. The bigger question is even though these are Nexus phones & we have Google's promise (snicker) of always getting the first updates (LOL) is since these phones are EOL on VZW (& only VZW) will we EVER get ANY updates beyond 4.2.2 (if we even get that)? And if we don't, who is ultimately responsible for the breech of IMPLIED service enhancements? 

AnjunaSpeek03
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can agree to that... I've been rocking on T-mobile's HSPA+ with a Nexus 4 and it's a WORLD of difference. And yes, I blame Verizon wholeheartedly about dropping the ball with this device. I have one and it STILL hasn't seen the likes of 4.2+ and in response to everyone blaming them, the make it End Of Line as a smack in the face. If you want to see what they're all about? Check out how many modifications they've done to every post about this but yet they can't seem to deliver timely updates. Kind of interesting. BTW, FCC mandates that they can't block you from access to the LTE spectrum in any way shape, fashion, or form. Does this include timely updates since we're all still paying the bill? I suppose that $1.25 billion fine was just passed onto us in the form of horrible service. Or shall I call it a disservice? Google also made the Nexus 4 without LTE only because Verizon wanted to drag their feet. Good service when it works, though.

Kurv
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well your wish has been granted.  Verizon will start rolling out the 4.2.2 update today.

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2013/03/galaxy-nexus-jelly-bean.html

0 Likes
mrshuey

Galaxy Nexus is the WORST phone I have ever had.

0 Likes
jhollan9

Be careful what you wish for. I just got the update and it is killing my battery and heating up my phone. Phone is dead in less than 2 hours and the majority of the power is being consumed by exchange services and Email.

It made my favorite phone my worst in a morning...... Thanks Verizon.

0 Likes
gmb63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why not ALL unhappy customers call Verizon and complain over load there phone system they might get the point and and do something about about the garbage software that was rolled out causing frustration. Price goes up quality and service goes down. Verizon can you hear us now???? Price goes up quality and service goes down.

0 Likes
caninelover
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tend to disagree with you. The problems you are experiencing are not the norm. I love my phone. However I never rooted or tried updates not sent to me by Verizon. And with the new update my battery life has increased, call quality is better, faster internet speed, better camera, and several other great features such as 2 finger scroll down.

Have you tried  Factory reseting your phone. If you do I will be willing to bet your problems will go away. Could be some added software you downloaded. Be sure to backup your contacts, photos and videos if you do a reset. Very easy if you have a computer and a usb cable.

NexusSA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Some of y'all are a complaining bunch of people. Go ahead and call Verizon and load up the lines. All they'll do is drop the call. For every 2-3 that want to call and complain, there are 200 that are more than pleased. How about call Google too since they actually control what and when a device is updates. All the carrier does is sign off on it to be pushed to their devices. I guess some people would rather have an update pushed out every 4 days regardless of how buggy it may be. This would be why 4.1.2 and 4.2 were never sent to VZW. Too buggy, and 4.2.2 was the finished product. I've had the update for over a week. No problems, better battery life, significantly better signal and a smoother running phone, though it ran smooth before. How about quit modifying the phone because 90% of the problems are user error. Or just drop them and good luck with a lesser quality provider and complain about that. I'm sure that for every one of you that leave there will be 100 sign up.

caninelover
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree with everything NexusSa said. I love my phone and the upgrade just made it better. My grandson has the I phone and he said he will trade with me anytime.

0 Likes