Re: When can we order the new Galaxy Nexus?
Rickw411
Enthusiast - Level 1

To clarify above the "bleep" was for two initials b and s nothing foul :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
mark1981giur

I am waiting to switch from Sprint to Verizon as soon as the Nexus comes out, but the waiting is agony! Why keep us guessing at dates? I hope Verizon will release an official date, although the Razr looks good, I will still wait for the Nexus! Please Verizon stop making us wait! Thanks

0 Likes
hessian2

Hey Everyone,

New here, and really glad to be here - I'm waiting with ya all too for the "Nexus."

Anyway, anyone know:  I heard it will be able to act as WIRELESS "HUB" - for up to 4 or 5 other devices - yes, definitely heard this!

However, not sure, but may need to pay for this, but regardless - any real technical folks know - will most of the higher-end PRINTERS that use "e-Print" for example - think that those printers will be able to detect the device?  I ask because I'd like to be able to print wireless to these PRINTERS without a home network/router/cable, and so on (its just me with an aircard for my laptop.). 

I know for me and most others it mayseem like a no-brainer - but some really smart tech-savy PRINTER-slaesman aren't so sure. They said, the'ld recommend bring the phone in, that's the only way to know for sure.  Anyone know this stuff well enough to say??

Thanks! and again I'll be with you all on this forum - about this phone!!  Lets get going VZW, we're wettin' our pants out here already! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
mithmax

Lets get some Nexus love going Verizon! Bad enough your marketing has been horrible for it. Most normal people (non tech savvy people) havent a clue this device is on its way to you. I almost jumped ship when you failed to aquire the Galaxy S2.. Then i heard the Nexus is comming to VZW just wait... You can thank the fine people at Android Central's web site for that btw...The first device with Android 4.0, and the fact that we will have a device with timely updates for most likely years to come via Google itself (much like Apple with ios)... I do not want a Razor, nor a Bionic, or whatever else is on its way if for any one reason the updates. Of course the low light abilities and speed of the camera, 720 hd super amoled screen, etc, etc... Give a freakin release date please!!!

www.google.com/nexus

0 Likes
Xandor

I would love to see Verizon announce when this phone will be available for order/pre-order/sale.

Can someone up there make a decision? (I'm not talking about the mods, I'm sure they're kept in the dark as much as we are by Verizon).

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3
P3droid already has two galaxy nexus phones, now it is up to verizon to pick a date and release it, the phone is ready.
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Those aren't the consumer-ready versions.  Could still be some software or network tweaking going on.

0 Likes
Xandor

I saw a posting on droid-life that accessories are starting to appear in Verizon stores.  Not that that should be any indicator of how soon we'll see this thing -- if we see it this year at all.

Unless/until Verizon says something, I'm starting to doubt we'll see this phone before Christmas...

0 Likes
mithmax

That would be terible of Verizon to not release this device until after Christmas... Especially when its in Verizons corner to just release the **bleep** thing.. Apparently a recent news report with Samsung showing the Galaxy Nexus off, and they have put the ball in Verizons court to just announce a date when asked by the reporter. It feels like typical old school big company **bleep** at this point.. And yes to me it is a big deal, and not just "a phone"... I love my technology and don not like to see it paraded in front of me 3 weeks ago ready just to have someone else say your not getting it now, we will tell you when.... I pay VZ plenty for a complete fios package in our home and smartphone plans for the wife and i... Lets get this ball rolling and give a date, theres a large customer base wanting this device and have stuck with your service waiting for it...

0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1

The news interview was revealing! When Samsung VP of product planning Nick DiCarlo was asked about the launch date and price of the Galaxy Nexus, his responce was priceless. DiCarlo answered "Hopefully Verizon will let us know very soon." Guess we have a good idea as to who is responsible for the delay..

http://http://wirelessandmobilenews.com/2011/11/samsung-galaxy-nexus-november-release-date-loved-sil...

0 Likes