Highlighted

Well GNex it was was somewhat nice knowing you.....

It looks like Verizon is throwing in the towel on the Nexus. It has already dropped to the bargain $99 tier direct from Verizon and now its hit free on contract from retailers.  EOL can't be too far off.  Though I can't really say I'm surprised, Verizon has a new top tier device in the SIII to gimp features on and load down with proprietary bloatware much more shamelessly than a "Nexus" device.  Add to that the off contract only "Developer" SIII for those that know and care to show Verizon exactly where they can stick it and their isn't really a place for the Nexus anymore.  Granted Verizon never really seemed to welcome a Nexus with open arms. They denied then finally fessed up to blocking Google Wallet in favor of their own yet to launch payment system, a "Feature" they have carried over to the SIII.  Then there are the painfully slow updates.  So given it's fall from grace I won't be holding my breath for an official JB OTA. Instead I will being actively ROM'ing the hell of mine. My plans to sell it, pay the ETF and go with a true GSM Nexus are not looking so good now that Verizon's price cuts will have most likely killed the resale value.  Though I do plan on filling a complaint with the FTC about Google Wallet and the interesting coincidence that most, if not all NFC enabled Verizon and AT&T phones have Google Wallet blocked by the carrier.  Also interesting how both Verizon and AT&T are part of the same competing payment service partnership.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Well GNex it was was somewhat nice knowing you.....

wait.. you do know the phone came out a long time ago and are posting a 3rd party reseller site as your source right?

it couldn't be that they overbought and have a stock of inventory they want to sell.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Well GNex it was was somewhat nice knowing you.....

Not to mention new phones come out every 6.3 seconds (yes, exaggerated on purpose).

No phone is going to stay on top for very long.

0 Likes