Re: We are waiting for "Android 4.1 JB", When is it coming?
boricua10
Enthusiast - Level 2

"there are other forums with fewer restrictions that offer step by step instructions for making your device yours."

So when I pay $400 to get my phone that did not made it mine?  I thought that was the meaning of buying something.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That was already a few pages back.  You take subsidization for the device it no different than a loan. 

Anyway Google locks the bootloader by default.  You can unlock it and do as you please anyway.  That's the whole point he was getting at.  You don't have to rely on anyone if you want to get your device updated.  You can do it yourself and the code is already there for you.

0 Likes
boricua10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone think that Verizon can/should be taken to court for false advertisment?

After all, when you buy a Nexus phone the understanding is that because is a Nexus, there will be no intervention from the carrier (Pure Android Experience).  So since Verizon did not changed the name of the phone it seems to me that they were attracting costumers with the Nexus name.  Again, Nexus means no intervention from the carrier or anyone else which is not the case with Verizon's GN...  false advertisement...

0 Likes
boricua10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its a Nexus...they should not be intervening at all

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

please do and waste your time and money.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
boricua10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone that gets a Nexus phone, expects no intervention from the carrier.

0 Likes
We are waiting for "Android 4.1 JB", When is it coming?
Tidbits
Legend

If you say so.  Google is the one who made the agreement.  They didn't have to, and no one forced them to.

0 Likes
boricua10
Enthusiast - Level 2

"I want my stuff sooner, if not immediately"

and that is why I wanted a Nexus phone.

0 Likes
We are waiting for "Android 4.1 JB", When is it coming?
Tidbits
Legend

Again Google made that decree and didn't have to make a deal with Verizon.  Since they agreed to Verizon's terms Google is to blame for breaking their decree.

0 Likes
gernerttl
Contributor - Level 1

That is a patently false statement.  I had no expectations of that sort when I bought my GNex.  I got it, because it is a really good phone.

0 Likes