Water damage???
ohlookpurplesquirrel

I need a little help.... I have been having issues with my phone so I called Verizon and they are issuing me a replacement phone.  During the long speel of things that have to read off, I heard that if a phone has water damage they are going to charge me $299 for the new replacement phone.  No biggie because my phone has never seen water, but out of curiosity I checked the water damage indicators on my phone and they are telling me that there was water damage.  My phone has never seen a speck of water on it, so why are the indicators telling my different.... This is an older phone and I refuse to pay $299 for something when I'm eligible for an upgrade come April 2013..... What should I do when I get the replacement phone?  Send my phone into them or just send back the replacement phone and let them know that I've changed my mind....

0 Likes
Re: Water damage???
rcschnoor
Legend

There are more ways to receive water damage than to just have it sit in a puddle of water.

Having your phone repeatedly in your pocket/armband while you are working out or just sweating heavily could cause water damage/indicators to change. Having a phone repeatedly in a steamy room, such as a bathroom while showering could do the same.

All phones see some form of water. No phone which has ever been outside a climate controlled room has "never seen a speck of water". Your phone comes into contact with water "vapor" just by being outside on a humid day.

Just to confirm, what do your water damage indicators look like?

0 Likes
Re: Water damage???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ohlookpurplesquirrel,

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you've had with your device. I would like the opportunity to review the options to ensure you have a working device. Please DM me (AdamE_VZW) for assistance with your account.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes