jstang

<< Duplicate of post in >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Voice Dialer Useless after Jelly Bean Update
Tuxster
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too Andy_t,

I got the update to Jelly Bean and now I have some MAN talking to me on my dialer, and he sounds like an asshole.  Instead of the pleasant lady who always understands my request this dude keeps saying, "I'm sorry ... I didn't catch that.", or worse he dials someone I never call from my addressbook.  He's 100% wrong ALL THE TIME no matter how I say the name,

Good new is I was able to find the VOICE COMMAND app (as you did) and put a shortcut on my home screen.  Dangerous having to find and then push that button when I'm driving though.  The Voice Command app was written by Nuance software (you may know them from PaperPort, and other great applications.

Also, while I was trying to fix the phone I found where I could train the Nuance software - so it works even better than ever than ever!

I don't like that Google has decided that their piece of shit application is going to take over my phone whether I like it or not.  Hopefully Verizon can find some relief for us.  If not I'll probably dump Verizon altogether and get an unlocked phone from AT&T and put Cyanogen mod on it so I never have to put up with this corporate strong-arming ever again.

$4,000.00/ year I spend with Verizon.  You'd think they cared about my experience.  Geez.

Re: Voice Dialer Useless after Jelly Bean Update
Paco3389
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recent upgrade forced on me (Android 4.2.2 Build JDQ39) and now NONE of my notifications work.  It's like the entire speaker has been disabled.  If I speak into the voice dialer directly (not thru BT device) it tries to work, but not a single ringtone or notification sound works anymore!

I am ready to kick this phone AND verizon to the curb!  Can someone please help?  Oh, and I am seriously technologically challenged so speak English, pretty please!  😉  

0 Likes