Re: Verizon’s Galaxy Nexus is Now 3 Updates Behind Other Nexus Devices
MikereDD
Enthusiast - Level 2

you waited for verizon to get a nexus and now you wait for updates. xD

This will be my last device with them, been a customer for some time.

Highly doubt VZW will ever offer a nexus device again.

<< Comments removed.  Rooting, hacking, and otherwise modifying a device voids the warranty; discussion of such is not permitted on this forum.>>

Fingers crossed on Google/DishNet lte service said to launch mid 2013 just around the time my contract ends w/vzw.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Rob_Hol
Enthusiast - Level 1

<< Post removed as duplicate.  Original post is >>

0 Likes
gernerttl
Contributor - Level 1

Btw.  Saying that the Verizon Galaxy Nexus is three versions behind is not true.  If the Verizon GNex was three versions behind that would mean it is running Android 1.2.1.

The version is the first number in the sequence.  The second two numbers are different releases to that version and nothing more.

Calling the BBB won't work.  They will ask this one simple question:  Is Verizon providing what is in your contract?  The answer will be, "yes."  Because nobody has a contract that says Verizon will provide regular software updates.  Read it, learn it, and stop complaining.

0 Likes
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

There is an 'implied' behavior (for lack of a better term) that comes with the Nexus brand.  Verizon clearly does not live up to that expectation of what a Nexus device is all about.  It is evident that as an organization Verizon is a company that does not want a phone that can last several standard contract cycles in the hands of its customers.  By offering software updates that the phone is clearly capable of handling it obviously extends the life of that phone beyond the limit of profitability for an organization as boneheaded of Verizon... even when the monthly payment terms of its contracts literally bleed us dry... it is simply not enough money for them and they have us coming and going.  Unfortunately implied behavior is not a part of the contract and alas you are quite right... The BBB isn't going to help.  Even if it is, I'm sure Verizon's army of weasel-toothed lawyers have things well in hand.   However we are not talking about versions we are talking about udates and by that reckoning the Galaxy Nexus is 3 updates behind.  

I don't blame Verizon for being in business ... I don't blame them for making a profit ... but I do blame them for not living up to the expectations that they themselves set.

0 Likes
MikereDD
Enthusiast - Level 2

<< Please address any comments regarding moderation driectly to the moderator via DM >>

0 Likes
nexusluu

I'll be careful about what I say because I don't want my post to be removed.  I think Verizon should have never released the Galaxy Nexus.  Their OTA update policy is a joke.  I feel you.  I sent them an email of disappointment.  A customer care person did call me back but they really just try to make you feel like your trying to bring their network down for wanting them to release the OTA update sooner without testing it.  Verizon relax.  It's fine.  Google is a respected company and their name is also at stake.  I then asked about the iPhone update policy.  How come these customer don't have to wait for the iOS updates. It seems like Verizon doesn't have any control over this.  This is why they will never (only guessing) release another Nexus with Verizon.  I dislike Verizon so much.  I cancelled my contract and ate the termination fee.  Yes, I went to Tmobile.  Tmobile is so much better.  I don't have anything to complain about with the OTA updates.  Verizon sure screwed up my pure Android experience.  I will be sure to tell everyone about my experience.  I will make sure none of my friends and family ever join Verizon.  I will soon get my parents to leave as well.  My brother left and more will join.  I will make it a point to write something negative about Verizon on a daily basis.

0 Likes
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

...1008, 1009, Dallas, Denver, Anaheim....

0 Likes
TheVTech
Enthusiast - Level 3

So after all the posts above, countless articles online.... what is the root cause that Verizon has decided to put a hold on the last 3 updates for this phone.

0 Likes
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

it's designed to obsolete your phone well before it should be.  you want the latest OS ? Then you have to get the latest phone and sign up for another 2 years... and if you have unlimited data ... well, not anymore you don't.

I understand being a business is all about making money but it sure as heck shouldnt be about gouging the customer and shaking them down for every dollar they've got.

0 Likes
bgoff60
0 Likes