Re: Verizon doesn't deserve a Nexus Device
Tidbits
Legend

Yes it is exclusive to Sprint.  If you have ever looked at anything that Google has ever done or not done exclusively.  If it is NOT exclusive then they will make sure it is marked as Such.  Remember when the Verizon Galaxy Nexus was initially advertised as Exclusive by Verizon, and shortly there after it was removed?  Google may have a stipulation on that their developer device sold by them must have wallet, but the proof is in the pudding.  If there was no exclusive deal Google would have stopped Sprint from advertising as such.  See below...

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/services_solutions/details.jsp?detId=google_wallet&catId=service_exc...

0 Likes
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

If it was exclusive then only Sprint Customers would be about to use Wallet, but GSM phones can use it as well. The Verizon Nexus can use it was well. I run it on my phone and it is not rooted.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Really did you know to get Wallet to work outside of a Nexus device is to set it up the build prop as a Sprint device?  Explain this?  On a Nexus device only the GSM version SOLD by Google will work.  As I said Google is exclusive with Sprint as Sprint would not be able to advertise as such.  Prime example when Verizon advertised the Galaxy Nexus as such.  They had to remove the exclusive tag.  Why is Sprint allowed to market as exclusive when Verizon couldn't from the start?

If you go to one of the Why can't I have wallet type threads.  I wrote up what I believe is going on, and if you look at the facts this is more than likely happening.  It's very logical if you look at it at a business standpoint and not a consumer who wants what he can't have.

0 Likes
Verizon doesn't deserve a Nexus Device
Tidbits
Legend
0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

That's odd I get a "not available for this device" I bought mine last January.

--

Sent from my Android phone

0 Likes
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon is suppose to be releasing its equivalent of Wallet in the 4th quarter called ISIS. There was a way to download Wallet on the Verizon Nexus from Market before it switched to Play Store. I don't know if it is still possible since I've had it for 6 months and had no reason to try to download it again.

The only reason its exclusive on Sprint is because Verizon wants nothing to do with Wallet; they are afraid it'll compete with ISIS.

Here are screenshots from my Verizon Nexus that has not been rooted running Wallet.

Screenshot_2012-09-06-18-29-58.pngScreenshot_2012-09-06-18-30-05.pngScreenshot_2012-09-06-18-31-00.pngScreenshot_2012-09-06-18-30-20.png

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I have it installed as well.  Just because it works doesn't mean it is not exclusive... 

Show proof.  It was EXCLUSIVE long before Verizon even got a Nexus.   Sprint was touting it exclusive as soon as they had the chance.

0 Likes
mariomerendino
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can get Wallet on the Verizon Wireless "Nexus" (I use vzw Nexus term very lightly) . You can get it, but you cant get it from the Play Store. You need to download it from a secondary source. You can use it and its completely legal. Bviy the way this has no virus.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=8600f7534c0088ea32780070d5258fc2&loc=http%3A%2F%2Froo...

0 Likes
mariomerendino
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can you give us any information about the JellyBean update? I'm getting very annoyed about my radios not working properly.

0 Likes
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I downloaded Wallet it came from the Play Store. I used a method similar to this http://www.droid-life.com/2012/08/03/google-wallet-installable-on-all-of-verizons-nfc-phones-getting...

0 Likes