Re: Verizon doesn't deserve a Nexus Device
ddunker
Enthusiast - Level 1

when will u give US JELLY BEAN

0 Likes
cpowell192003
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completely agree Verizon is taking a solid device and turning it into a piece of (deleted content to comply with VZW ToS). Disabled NFC, No 4.1 Jellybean update and don't even start me on their customer service. Verizon is too stupid to figure out that they can't control Android the way they want to. Kinda the definition of open platform. Anything Verizon tries to charge for... like wifi tethering someone makes an app for... a free app. Not to mention they got their (deleted inappropriate content per VZW ToS) handed to them in court over that little stunt.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

NFC was never disabled... the tethering app removal was a block C violation, but the FCC also ruled if you are under the old terms you have to pay for it and follow the old terms. Also Google has yet to submit an update to Verizon so the delay right now is Google. By Google not submitting it and if they are finished with it then that means it's in Qualcomm's hands.

FYI I am running AOSP and there are bugs especially when you turn off your device for any reason. I could go on about the problems but I fixed a few and submitted them to Google as well as a few other devs.

Tidbits
Legend

Here's something from JBQ on the complexities on development. Stuff happens...

https://plus.google.com/112218872649456413744/posts/GmewLqEFnLo

0 Likes
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

the reasoning behind this ***p is simple: the guy (or more likely marketing committee) who is responsible for this isn't going to get fired... they are going to get a BONUS because this makes us fools who stay with this company double down on their terms and get a new phone so we can have an updated os!  This helps them because they can push us off the older less lucrative service agreement and lock us in for two more years.  That's why.

0 Likes
TheVTech
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting.

VERIZON stated at the time of lauch this would be a pure "Google" Android phone NOT Google.

VERIZON stated the device would get "timely updates" NOT Google.

This is a VERIZON issue NOT Google. If it IS a Google issue, more than words is needed to prove this is something that they are preventing Verizon from pushing out to Nexus owners.

Had I known for sure this was how Verizon was going to treat this phone, I would not have picked it up.

0 Likes
ritsbits1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Most updates are niether released or pushed through because it is Verizon's influence to make it happen. They are pushed out by the manufacturor as they are created. Now if Verizon has played a role with that manufacturor to delay that update I can almost guarantee it's because they foresee an issue with it.

More Android updates then I can count have caused some major issues with their devices, and they're subsequent manufacturor's push them on through anyway. But like we are experiencing here, it's not the device's company that recieves the call from a ticked off consumer, it's the Cellular Service company they got the device from.

So if you don't get your update the very moment it's expected to be released, take a breather, and consider whether it was in your best interest to not recieve it. You'd have far worse things to say if they pushed it through unprepared and it ruined your phone.

0 Likes
cpowell192003
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon delays app releases when they have a paid service for the same thing. Just like with google wallet. Verizon is dropping Isis soon so it has banned google wallet from the Nexus. Google wallet works fine on the Sprint Nexus by the way which is also a CMDA device. A native google app on a google phone. But Verizon wont let it through...hmmm. Secondly screw (very moment) Verizon can't get the update out within the same month or two months. You cant get a google update on a google device within the same month. Side note- Really don't think google is going to push through an update that would ruin one of their devices. That should be Verizon's first priority is to get out the latest software updates to its highly under-valued consumers. But no, Verizon's first priority is how they can make those undervalued consumers pay for something else that is free on the same platform for other carriers.  It seems like instead of providing the best service Verizon is constantly trying to twist extra dollars out of consumers with providing anything of real value.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Wallet is exclusive to Sprint.  So Verizon couldn't use Wallet even if they wanted to we have already been through that multiple times.  Facts are on Sprint's pages that it is EXCLUSIVE to them.  So that debunks your whole post with that fact.

0 Likes
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its actually not exclusive to Sprint. The GSM versions of the Nexus also support Wallet. Wallet also works pretty good on Verizon if you have the app.

0 Likes