Re: Verizon Upgrade Policy Change
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@shimamizu
If you have one last annual upgrade coming to you, you will not see it through your MyVerizon account until your contract has reached the one year completed point.

As for how to upgrade under the annual upgrade, I would suggest using the search box for the community. The instructions have been posted several times and I never had a plan high enough to use an annual (early) upgrade.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lilwhitepaws
Enthusiast - Level 1

CR6 wrote:

This only affects NEW customers who sign up after January 16th.  Those of us that are already on the NE2 plan aren't affected.

No, this does affects everyone who signed up for the NE2  program.  This was confirmed by a VZ manager, but as a courtesy (how big of them) they will allow everyone one more upgrade as long as your eligible before January!

0 Likes
lilwhitepaws
Enthusiast - Level 1

ARossetter wrote:

Moderators, someone PLEASE comment on this to clarify if CUSTOMERS ON CONTRACT BEFORE JAN 16TH CAN STILL DO THEIR ANNUAL UPGRADE, or if that program is going away entirely. 

Right.... it such a simple thing isn't it?

0 Likes
lilwhitepaws
Enthusiast - Level 1

PJNC284 wrote:

More info from droidlife.com

5 things to know:

1.  All customers who activate / upgrade on a qualifying plan prior to January 16th, 2011 are enrolled in NE2 (New Every 2) and eligible to use the NE2 discount for up to six months from the date they become eligible.

2.  Any customer who uses an NE2 credit or Annual Upgrade after  January 16, 2011 will no longer be eligible for either program.  On March 6, 2011, VZW systems will be updated to reflect this.

3.  All customers who exercise the NE2 or Annual Upgrade option on or after January 16th will receive a letter notifying them that it was their last NE2 or Annual Upgrade.

4.  Business customers continue to receive either the two-year corporate matrix tiered device pricing or two-year retail device pricing per contract.

5.  Customers will now be eligible for promotional pricing after 20 months on a 2-year contract and 10 months on a 1-year contract.

They told me that "Verizon" feels as though the promotional pricing after 20 months on a 2-year contract and 10 months on a 1-year contract will be better for customers than the NE2 program.  When I asked how someone can get better than free, his response was and I quote "VZ feels It will all come out in the wash in the end" 

0 Likes
lilwhitepaws
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the best way I can explain this.  Below you will see 4 phones, I started out with only two lines and added the other two at a later date but they all qualified for the NE2 program.  I upgraded both Droid Incredible's at the same time.  They had a BOGO free special and because two of my lines were available for upgrade we qualified for the special. So we have 1 line upgraded so far, (the other line didn't count as an upgrade towards the NE2 program because of the BOGO special)

My other 2 phones, the ENV3 (which was upgraded to a much better phone but he broke it) and the Droid Bionic were both upgraded on the NE2 program already.  So we now have 3 out of my 4 phones that have been upgraded using the NE2 program. 

As you can see in the picture below one of the Incredible's is available on August 22nd and can be purchased with a discounted price on the NE2 program.  The other Incredible is also due for an upgrade on August 22nd...but it is only available at Full price, just like the Bionic and Env3.  This is because VZ has done away with the NE2 program but they allowed each of us one more upgrade before ending the program.

I called to inquire as to why one Droid Incredible was eligible on Aug. 22nd for a free upgrade but the other one was not and I was told that there is no more NE2, not for new customers or existing customers, except for the "courtesy upgrade" as they like to call it that their allowing.

So, here it is...I hope this helps....lol  oh and just for the record the only alteration made to this photo was the removal of our numbers.

Capture.PNG.

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

<This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be locked.>

0 Likes