Verizon Rep!!! When do we get 4.2.2?
gsmitchell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello to whichever Verizon support person happens to read this!  We in the Gnex community are excited about the 4.2.2 update that is coming out!  Can you please tell us when!   I am pressing the Check Now button 15 times a day trying to get the OTA update!  We are 4 revisions behind, and it feels like this is the last phone in the world to get the update.  Please!  When?   Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Rep!!! When do we get 4.2.2?
Not applicable

You should realize this is a customer to customer forum. Occasionally a CS rep comes here maybe in a couple or few weeks they might see this. They won't have that answer anyway. That's a Google phone? So the OS is made by Google so perhaps you should ask GOOGLE.

0 Likes
TWJ80
Enthusiast - Level 1

Brian68, the VZW GNex OS updates are actually handled via VZW, not Google. VZW has made sure that this "pure Google experience" phone was under their complete control, thus VZW controls the OS updates. I'm guessing that the 4.2.2 update will see VZW GNex phones in the next few months.

gsmitchell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Brian,  Vz support people come in here all the time, and I would guess a fairly good percentage of the threads have a Vz support person reading them.  But, just to catch the eye of a Vz support person, and try to get us all an answer, I titled it as I did.   Maybe you should realize, this is Vz GNex forum on the VZW website.   I would also point you to TWJ80's comment.  Although the source code is Google, VZ ( and this is true for AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc. ) has to put on their " special sauce" and push it out to the phones.  Unless I hack my phone ( insert a look of horror and shock here ), the software would come to our phones through a Vz push ( which can also be more quickly started if the software is availabe through the Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates -> Check Now Button ).   Hope that helps!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is still a customer based support forum with or without the VZW employees who roam the community. Their response isn't guaranteed nor will it be immediate. It can take a week or more before the VZW reps reply to unanswered questions to give the community users a chance to answer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

A lot of time threads get NO answer and I've seen threads that did get answers that took over a month. So gsmitchell I wasn't trying to be rude, if you took my response that way,  I was just trying to spare you some grief. You couldvery well  get your update before you got an answer.

0 Likes
gsmitchell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Brian68, na, no worries, I didn't take it that way.  I agree with you and Ann154 that a) a response will neither be immediate or guaranteed, and b) that I could well get the update before I get the response.   I am just "swinging for the fences" on this one and hoping for the best.  I have been down this road before with my Samsung Fascinate...waiting for an update on that one was, well, fruitless.  LOL.  But since there has been so many news stories, screenshots, etc., I am just anxious for the update.  So, I thought I would throw this up and see if it got noticed.   And for the record...I really need to pick a new avatar...the one I have is pretty scary.... 🙂   Ok folks...close your eyes, click your heels together and let's hope for the best!

0 Likes
bevochan
Enthusiast - Level 3

<Comments regarding moderator activities removed per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
bevochan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Who is leaving Verizon after the contract ends?

I am.

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

When my contract is up I will go to another carrier and other carriers manage to get updates pushed out much more quickly and don't have any issues.

<< Personal comments removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes