Verizon Please be honest
beymapwrd

Okay, so I'm gone thru one replacement after the first update : phone just went crazy, popups left and right and couldn't even make a call or text. So now we get 2.2, which was supposed to be better and now we got ED05 which I believe we all were hoping for would have included the fix for the battery situation.   So here I am with a phone that I barely use and last only 20-24 hours tops with a charge, Drains the battery with maybe 2 minutes worth of being on the internet. reason I chose this phone over the HTC was because of the battery issues, but alas, I probably would have been better off.

Just so you know, prior to 2.2, I could go for a week of charge while constantly using my phone.  I did try the hard reset, revert it back to factory removing all of the apps that I had, installing one by one to make sure I didn't have a rough app. Killing apps left and right and killing services that I don't need (Skype). I don't even want to talk about the drain when using Maps or Internet. 

So seriously Verizon, when can we see a fix for the battery issue, cause it really sucks that I have to walk around every day with a charger because I never know when my phone is going to die. And I have 3 lines on my account and 2 are a few days from being able to upgrade their phones.

So are we going to get a fix for this or have we just been left out to die. this is just getting ridiculous.. And please don't say get a bigger battery. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Please be honest
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

The battery life varies by phone

I am on ED05 and get 5 day's

My last replacement was a NIB not a CPO

I think with the fascinate when you get a CPO it should read OPP Instead of CPO  (They should Change the Name)

Other People's Problem's

0 Likes
beymapwrd

See that's the problem. Is it a Manufacturer issue, is it Verizon, and/or  was it bad batch of phones. 

0 Likes
tawest64

I don't know why I come visit this forum, all it ever does is make me angry....  having said that, I'm fairly certain that since these problems have been issues for the better part of 2011, it's highly unlikely that they will ever be solved completely.  Too many different builds on the Fascinate make me think that what fixes one phone breaks another.

What Verizon SHOULD do is to offer all Fascinate owners early upgrades.  How is that not a WIN-WIN?  I don't want the remaining two types of phones that Verizon is offering "some" users.  I want to be able to choose my phone and I'm not opposed to paying the same thing I would pay if my renewal date was today.

Oh yeah, all three of my family members with Fascinates have not gotten texts that we know were sent this morning.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

tawest64 wrote:

I don't know why I come visit this forum, all it ever does is make me angry....  having said that, I'm fairly certain that since these problems have been issues for the better part of 2011, it's highly unlikely that they will ever be solved completely.  Too many different builds on the Fascinate make me think that what fixes one phone breaks another.

What Verizon SHOULD do is to offer all Fascinate owners early upgrades.  How is that not a WIN-WIN?  I don't want the remaining two types of phones that Verizon is offering "some" users.  I want to be able to choose my phone and I'm not opposed to paying the same thing I would pay if my renewal date was today.

Oh yeah, all three of my family members with Fascinates have not gotten texts that we know were sent this morning.

I have said this all along, why can't Verizon step up to the plate and allow any current fascinate user who so desires to one time update a phone of their choice at update prices. I see it would be a win - win situation for Verizon and their customers. What is the big deal for them to make us wait until our contract is up for renewal and then offer us the update package, many of us then will look to other avenues for their wireless services.
0 Likes
pastelball
Why would they lets us do a early upgrade. That would mean that they were listening and cared for thee customers that were havung problems with phone
0 Likes
dfrank7262

Well, I'm on my fourth (yes, 4th) Fascinate, and I got the initial one not quite a year ago.  I'm very unhappy with this phone and unhappy with Verizon's options to change phones.  The one I have now is already starting to act weird (shuts itself off for no apparent reason, locks up for no apparent reason, can't get access to the server in areas with good reception, takes forever to load driving directions, etc.).  I thought Android was the way to go, but I'm sure rethinking the IPhone when it comes out.  I have tons of friends with iPhones, and theirs work so much better than mine sitting in side-by-side comparisons.

0 Likes
mytoy
I agree with you. I would like an early upgrade to. I am getting an iPhone too.I still have 1 year left on my contract and I should not have to put up with this phone for another year. Battery dies fast and missed calls that don't ring and go to my missed call list.

Why can't Verizon just step up to the plate and make us happy.
0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

beymapwrd wrote:

Okay, so I'm gone thru one replacement after the first update : phone just went crazy, popups left and right and couldn't even make a call or text. So now we get 2.2, which was supposed to be better and now we got ED05 which I believe we all were hoping for would have included the fix for the battery situation.   So here I am with a phone that I barely use and last only 20-24 hours tops with a charge, Drains the battery with maybe 2 minutes worth of being on the internet. reason I chose this phone over the HTC was because of the battery issues, but alas, I probably would have been better off.

Just so you know, prior to 2.2, I could go for a week of charge while constantly using my phone.  I did try the hard reset, revert it back to factory removing all of the apps that I had, installing one by one to make sure I didn't have a rough app. Killing apps left and right and killing services that I don't need (Skype). I don't even want to talk about the drain when using Maps or Internet. 

So seriously Verizon, when can we see a fix for the battery issue, cause it really sucks that I have to walk around every day with a charger because I never know when my phone is going to die. And I have 3 lines on my account and 2 are a few days from being able to upgrade their phones.

So are we going to get a fix for this or have we just been left out to die. this is just getting ridiculous.. And please don't say get a bigger battery. 

Thanks to the Community for all the feedback and suggestions!

beymapwrd,

I actually have the same model device (Samsung Fascinate) and do understand your frustrations with all the issues it's having!

I would first like to acknowledge that both Verizon Wireless and Samsung are aware of the issues with the Fascinate, and are working diligently to provide our customers a permanent and sure fix, as soon as possible.  No dates as to when, but it is definitely in the works.  I promise to keep you and the Community posted with any new information!

Thank you, again, for your patience and for being a part of the Verizon Wireless Family!

0 Likes
beymapwrd

Appreciate it, but going from a week or more with 2.1 to averaging maybe 48 hrs on 2.2.2, doesn't really sound appealing to me anymore.  If I would have known that back in July I could have swapped out to a different phone, I would have.

So answer me this, what is the number of users it take for either Verizon or Samsung to realize that there's a problem, before admitting there's a big issue and address it? One thing is to say it and another is to actually act upon it.. 

0 Likes