Verizon Jelly Bean update causing multiple texts?
drake90001

Yesterday I updated to the lastest Jelly Bean from Verizon (OTA, finally got it after hours of clearing data, etc.) but now, for some reason I keep receiving multiple text from people. They would send it, but then i'd get it 2 or 3 times. Just wondering if its possible when I downloaded the update something when wrong and they system didn't realize it.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Jelly Bean update causing multiple texts?
droidfanvzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Haven't seen that with my update but have you tried powering off the phone and powering it back up to see if that resolved the issue. You could also try pulling the battery.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Drake90001,

Getting the most recent software update is super exciting and I definitely want your phone to run smoothly. I will be delighted to provide some suggestions.

As with any software update in our world of technology, anything can happen. I would have to say yes it is possible.  It may also be due to third party applications not being updated to function with the new software yet.

Are you using the native messaging application or something else?

Are you noticing it with anyone who messages you or is it only select numbers? 

Have you noticed it happening only when you're in certain locations?

Keep us updated!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Adubya8482

I am having the same issue with the texts. I thought it was just my girls phone (ATT iPhone) but it also happening from other people, who have MOTO droids with verizon. Doesnt happent everytime, but happens enough.  I just rebooted my phone. Hope it stops.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Adubya8482,

Can you answer the questions from MelissaM_VZW above so we can assist you with the trouble too? Thanks!

MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes