VOICE MAIL ALERT FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS
OCLADY1208
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've gone into all the settings and I can't seem to find a ring tone or an alert for when I receive a VM msg.  I get alerts for txt msgs. or a missed call.  But not for a VM msg.  Can someone out there give me the step by step to set this alert up?

0 Likes
Re: VOICE MAIL ALERT FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS
Tidbits
Legend

It is tied to notification sounds. Its bundled with that.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi OCLADY1208,

The Nexus does come with default ringtones selected for the device. The notification for voice mails may have inadvertently been set to silent. I understand how easy it is to change a setting without even realizing it. Below are some steps for you to try, in order to receive notifications for your voice mails.

Please to go Menu>Settings>Default Notification. Make sure a ringtone is checked for voice mail. However, above that you will see "Silent Mode," so please make sure that is not checked for the voice mail notification.

Here is a link including the user's manual for the Nexus. It also includes troubleshooting steps, Features and Applications, and more. I'm sure you will find it helpful.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/

I hope this information is helpful for you and other users of the Galaxy Nexus. Thanks and have a good day,

Christina B

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

OCLADY1208
Enthusiast - Level 2

Most helpful response.  Thank you.