Re: Upgrade fee? Really??
Newyork_92
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can certainly go to another carrier, but again you will still have the upgrade fee.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

and to set up a new account with a different carrier, they'll also have an activation fee

Not applicable

kymjj wrote:

Well Brian I do not buy phones. I am a single parent. I wait until my upgrade date. I get the basic phone no 3G or 4G crap. So yes after 6 years of getting the basic no bells and whistles phone and now I have to pay a fee that no one and I repeat no one told me about yes I am switching. And guess what there is not an upgrade fee with ATT if you wait your two years like I have always done with Verizon. But I must say I loved the explanation of the $30 fee which does not even apply to me. This is just another way for a company to stick it to the customers. You dont' care about your customers otherwise you would only have this new fee for new customers not existing customers.

A) even basic phones have 3G

B) $30 is nothing even for a basic phone. Go price some of the basic phones. The cheapest basic phone at full price is $190. You're getting it for $30 and you complain?

C) yes at&t has an upgrade fee. They had it before Verizon and it's $36. I guess you'll find out in 2 years.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/att-upgrade-fee/

AT&T on Sunday doubled the price of upgrading to a new cellphone — a one-time fee that you pay in addition to the cost of the phone itself. The company said it was raising the fee because today’s cellphones are more complex, so the costs of upgrading are higher.

The new upgrade fee is $36, up from $18. Sprint, a smaller wireless carrier, raised its upgrade fee to the same price last year.

D) I can 100% guarantee you were told about the upgrade fee. And as has been told it was announced by Verizon and made every major news source over 6 MONTHS AGO. Please tell me where you read your news online and I 100% guarantee I find the upgrade fee story on that site.

E) The upgrade DOES apply to you it applies to EVERYONE that choose to take a subsidized upgrade.

F) If you want to avoid the upgrade fee then get a basic phone of off e-bay or a friend that is no longer using theirs.

0 Likes
bptr

SO, why does everyone start every sentence with the word "so" now????

Basically, the phone companies are SCAMMERS just like the banks.   Anytime they decide that they need to increase their profits, they just makeup some nonsense fee.   I fulfilled my 2-year contract and my *** LG phone failed, so I get another new *** "free" one and they pretend that I am "upgrading".

<Remaining comments removed for attacking others and per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
bptr

<Comments removed for attacking others and for profanity per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

<This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will be closed.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes