Update
cheddarmelt

When will Verizon update our phones to JellyBean?

0 Likes
Re: Update
vebn

Well after talking to Verizon Not 15 min ago, They said that it's just a rumor and that there is no new update for the Nexus. I know that it a bold face lie because Sprint, T-Mobil, And AT&T alike have aready had the OTA ( Over the Air) pushed to their phones.

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

If everyone that is tired of waiting would start filing complaints with the BBB and the FCC VZW might get the hint. I filed complaints over the last delayed updates and within a week someone called from VZW claiming to be "From the President of VZWs office". Well, I voiced my displeasure and then listened to his excuses. I flat out told the man that the same old excuses had already been offered before and that I wasn't going to remove my complaints until my phone was updated. I know that my complaints didn't speed things up but maybe if hundreds of Nexus owners do the same thing it could help.

0 Likes
jrspsb1

You're RIGHT!!

I keep looking for it, reading any news about it. I'M TROLLING sites & I use to make fun of "those" types. You've inspired me to (at least) make a move, speak out, P.O.V from me. I've been with VZW for 19 years. Hell, they owe me a soundboard, at the very least.

Thanks for the inspiration carseller0822

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sprint doesn't have the newest update... Only the GSM versions do.

I have written the difference between GSM and CDMA more than a handful of times in similar threads to this one.

Chalk up the delay to the CDMA versions due to how Qualcomm set up the CDMA code.

0 Likes
megthered1

You are wrong.  As Marguerite Reardon of Cnet said "There's no technical difference that would make it any harder to upgrade the CDMA version of the Nexus versus the GSM version." Verizon is holding it up. All customers with the Nexus should file complaints with the FCC and the BBB as carseller0822 said.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

What's her credentials? She is an editor, but does she have a programming background?  Is she a network engineer?  Who's the one who explains things to her if she doesn't?  It has ALREADY been proven there are differences enough which causes the issues.  It's called licensing.  If you understand the licensing you will see the signature keys makes a difference in the world.

Good luck with the FCC and BBB as they will do nothing due to LICENSING which is out of Verizon's control and into the hands of Qualcomm as the license holder.

FYI when JBQ pulled AOSP for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus he went into some detail about what I am talking about.  Later it was put back and he mentions...  Don't modify certain APK's as your radios will not work without the proper signatures...  If there was no technical difference then why would JQB say that in the first place.  Hardware sure, but software there is...

0 Likes
russelh15

That is utter nonsense, with a (edited content as per ToS) phone I've been running Jelly Bean for the past month now. Verizon just wants to put it's OEM tweaks into it before getting it out. Verizon has no business having a Google phone, because we should be able to get the update as soon as it gets out; that's the whole point of having this phone - no lag time for updates. And as a software developer myself I think their process is crap, they should have a more AGILE process for pushing out these updates.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

As I have as well. There's a large difference that'll you'll never brother understanding and also how it works. I would go more into detail but some of it will violate the TOS.

0 Likes