Update needed re status of fix for missed calls
bluestar
Contributor - Level 1

We were informed that Samsung had verified a fix for missed calls a week ago on 6/30. There's been nothing since, phone is still not ringing, calls go directly to voicemail without notification. Is the fix real and when will it be available? Having a phone that doesn't function as a phone is a serious and unacceptable flaw.

0 Likes
Re: Update needed re status of fix for missed calls
indianafanatic
Enthusiast - Level 3

bluestar,

It's been 2 and a half months since the Froyo update and 2 and a half months that Samsung and Verizon have known about issues resulting from it.  That's 2 and a half months with problems and no solutions.  There only seems to be one VZW employee in this forum (MikeS) who is actually trying to communicate what's happening behind the scenes. 

I've come to the realization that we won't get a fix until it's fixed, and that's as good as it's going to get.  :smileyindifferent:

0 Likes
Mali09
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to know from Verizon why they expect me to continue to pay over $100 a month for a phone that does not work correctly???!!!  Missed calls is a huge issue.  I'm missing important calls from my job and family members. Either deduct cost or offer another new model phone.  Patiently waiting for a response from a verizon rep.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon has in some cases offered to replace the Fascinate with another Fascinate(?) or a first version Droid X.  There have been a few reports of the Droid X having the missed call issue as well.

I agree at this point Verizon needs to offer all Fascinate owners something more than a refurbised replacement.  The best thing that comes to mind would be an early upgrade offer to a device of the customer's choice.  This would go a long way in showing that they do care about their customer and not just the money.

Will this happen, I seriously doubt it........................

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

SFObrien wrote:

Verizon has in some cases offered to replace the Fascinate with another Fascinate(?) or a first version Droid X.  There have been a few reports of the Droid X having the missed call issue as well.

I agree at this point Verizon needs to offer all Fascinate owners something more than a refurbised replacement.  The best thing that comes to mind would be an early upgrade offer to a device of the customer's choice.  This would go a long way in showing that they do care about their customer and not just the money.

Will this happen, I seriously doubt it........................

I made that comment in another part of this forum, if they refuse to fix this phone, at least allow us users the one time option to an early upgrade and upgrade prices.. I would love to dump this phone right now..
0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Mali09 wrote:

I would like to know from Verizon why they expect me to continue to pay over $100 a month for a phone that does not work correctly???!!!  Missed calls is a huge issue.  I'm missing important calls from my job and family members. Either deduct cost or offer another new model phone.  Patiently waiting for a response from a verizon rep.

Hello Mali09,

I have the utmost respect for your position on this and fully appreciate how frustrated you must feel. I recommend looking at your monthly service charges as access to the Verizon Wireless network, rather than payments for a phone that doesn't work. This thread is dedicated to concerns over the Samsung Fascinate. Since you haven't stated any issue with the service that you're paying for each month, then your mention of the monthly service charges aren't related here. That having been said, Verizon Wireless is still working with the manufacturer to get your concerns resolved. After all, you're not getting much value out of the service you've paid for if you're having problems with your phone.  

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

DionM_VZW wrote:

Mali09 wrote:

Hello Mali09,

I have the utmost respect for your position on this and fully appreciate how frustrated you must feel. I recommend looking at your monthly service charges as access to the Verizon Wireless network, rather than payments for a phone that doesn't work. This thread is dedicated to concerns over the Samsung Fascinate. Since you haven't stated any issue with the service that you're paying for each month, then your mention of the monthly service charges aren't related here. That having been said, Verizon Wireless is still working with the manufacturer to get your concerns resolved. After all, you're not getting much value out of the service you've paid for if you're having problems with your phone.  

Hey Dion, I recommend that you look at the monthly payments that we make to Verizon as a contract in which Verizon promises the abillity of a customer to receive and make phone calls with the phone we purchased from Verizon. It is completely irrelevant to a customer whether the the phone fails to ring because of a network failure or a phone failure. We pay money to Verizon for one thing and one thing only: a phone that works.

Trying to isolate the monthly payments to Verizon as being only for the privilege of having access to the Verizon Wireless network is insulting, we cannot access said network unless the phone we also paid money to Verizon for works. None of us know for a fact that the missing phone calls are the result of a network failure or a phone failure, furthermore it is irrelevant since all of our money for buying the phone and monthly payments go to Verizon. The only entity responsible for any kind of a failure for our phones to communicate is Verizon, no one else...just Verizon, ok?

0 Likes
indianafanatic
Enthusiast - Level 3
DionM, since you have absolved VZW of any responsibility for dropped/missed calls, battery drain, etc., how about you giving us the contact name and number for the appropriate Samsung department?
It's quite obvious to me that bringing up any problems in this forum are a waste of time, energy and hope. I sure hope that my monthly conteibution to the coffers didn't go to pay for any part of the customer service course you took.
0 Likes
no_service
Enthusiast - Level 3
Dion, I recommend you find your conscience, which you evidently threw away along with your common sense. Your post is absolutely insulting and infuriating, and is sadly typical of Verizon customer service. I don't know how you people live with yourselves. And I recommend to all Verizon customers to get out your contract with Verizon for breach of contract and to never give them your money again.
0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

DionM_VZW wrote

Hello Mali09,

Was it Verizon that Put the OK  on the software update was it not Verizon that pushed it to our Phones

From what Samsung is saying they do not push the updates That Verizon Does

So if it is Verizon that ok ed the update that has left us with out Service why is it Samsung's fault

Verizon Broke our phones with the help of Samsung

0 Likes