Re: Update needed re status of fix for missed calls
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

It all comes down to one question .  WHO TESTS AND RELEASES THESE UPDATES?

0 Likes
Not applicable

I understand everyone's frustration over this issue and I agree it is taking a long time to resolve this issue. I apologize if it seems like we don't care about the issue or are ignoring you all. I have a Samsung Fascinate myself as well as many of my co-workers, and have experienced some of the same things everyone else has. Our product team is still in the process of testing the resolution and we want to make sure that the software is free of errors so something like this doesn't happen again. We don't have any new information other than Samsung provided a resolution, but we are still testing it and working on getting that fix pushed out to users. No date has been communicated. I understand the importance of receiving all your calls and that customers are tired of waiting. I can't address everyone individually and look at each of your accounts, but I would recommend contacting our tech support at 800-922-0204 option 3 for further options. 

0 Likes
indianafanatic
Enthusiast - Level 3

MarquiaF_VZW wrote:

...We don't have any new information other than Samsung provided a resolution, but we are still testing it and working on getting that fix pushed out to users. No date has been communicated.

MarquiaF,

Thank you for the post.  Would you mind telling us when Samsung provided that resolution to VZW?  Has Verizon had the resolution for a day?  2 days?  A week?  A month?  How long has Verizon been testing this resolution?  Have there been any issues found in it that would otherwise delay its release?  I believe we are past the point of vague generalities and deserve some hard facts on exactly just what in the heck is actually going on!

0 Likes
nienie

MarquiaF-VZW

That is not acceptable.  You are not providing reliable equipment and customers are paying big money every month to have a phone that works.  Verizon sold the phone and provides the service therefore Verizon needs to make this right by the customers.  As I see it Verizon is not living up to their part of the contract and so if the customer wants to opt out of their current plan they should be able to.

I would also advise everyone that is having difficulties to call Verizon everyday numerous times a day until they replace your phone with a comparable one.  Do not fall for resetting your phone or getting another fascinate sent to you as this is not going to solve your problem.  This is just buying Verizon time while the customer continues to not receive calls, texts and the multiple other issues known with this phone.  There are people out there that have been able to get a different (comparable)phone as a replacement.  Don't give in to Verizon- let them know that you expect a new phone and not another crappy fascinate that doesn't work.  Also, make sure you talk to a tier 2 technician and not the first voice on the phone.  There are many non educated Verizon employees that don't know their head from their a$$ and wouldn't know customer service if it slapped them in the face.  Remember we are the customer...

Another option along with the above is to report Verizon to your attorney general.  I was able to find a tier 2 tech that listened to me and I am getting a replacement phone as should every other person that has a fascinate. We are all paying customers and at this point we are not getting the service Verizon has promised and that we are paying for.  This is fraudulent and absolutely NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

indianafanatic wrote:

MarquiaF,

Thank you for the post.  Would you mind telling us when Samsung provided that resolution to VZW?  Has Verizon had the resolution for a day?  2 days?  A week?  A month?  How long has Verizon been testing this resolution?  Have there been any issues found in it that would otherwise delay its release?  I believe we are past the point of vague generalities and deserve some hard facts on exactly just what in the heck is actually going on!

This was stated in other posts. We received the software from Samsung on 6/30. I don't have specifics of the software testing.

0 Likes