Update: VZW shipped me a brand-new Samsung Droid Charge in retail box
potove
Enthusiast - Level 3

The VZW store that i went to was very nice and knew immediately what to do.  I was in

and out within minutes. The phone arrived via FedEX and it was a BRAND NEW phone

in retail box.   Again, this may vary.... others on this forum have reported getting 

certified like-new phones.     I had to go back to the store because VZW forgot to include

the 4G SIM card which is required for 4G phones.   The manager gave me a SIM card

and activated it for me.   She said that most of the customers who exchanged Fascinate

for the Droid Charge have been getting new phones in the last few weeks.... the reason

is that VZW doesn't have that many pre-owned Droid Charge phones. That's not surprising

because the Droid Charge has been out only a couple of months.

VZW only guarantees that you will get a cerfitied like-new replacement Samsung Droid Charge.

It should be as good as new. If not, VZW should have no problem exchanging it for another

until you're happy.   I personally would not have minded if they sent me a like-new unit.

Makes no real difference to me.  IMHO, getting a brand-new phone in retail box was just a

just a nice bonus. 

My Droid Charge has been working great and I am very grateful for all the information that

other VZW customers and employees have posted on this forum. 

0 Likes
Re: Update: VZW shipped me a brand-new Samsung Droid Charge in retail box
B33
Legend

Potove congrats on your new phone sounds like a winner! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
4UserName

OMGoodness:smileysurprised:!!!

The VZW rep in my local store did the exact same thing!  I just got my phone today (spanking brand new, in a retail box) - alas, minus the sim card, which won't be delivered until tomorrow...

I think I'll go into the store, too - mainly because they want the Fascinate returned w/in five days.  I need time to transfer everything over & make sure I don't miss anything.  It's going to be a super-charged weekend & I really need to get this done tonight & play w/it.

Hopefully, they'll give me one.

0 Likes
MeganD8806

Did Verizon require that you have your Fascinate replaced with one or two more of the same phone before they gve you different kind of phone?

0 Likes
krysten75

I was told that I couldn't get a Charge because I have never had a 4G phone before. This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
MeganD8806

I have been with Verizon for 3 years, had the fascinate for 7 months, did the troubleshooting today, they offered a replacement for the same thing, I escalated to cancellation of service and they gave me a brand new white iPhone for $199.99 plus tax. Try threatening to cancel and see what you get :smileyhappy: You shouldn't have to go to this level to get what you need but hey, whatever works.

0 Likes
nienie

I never had a replacement fascinate.  I absolutely refused for them to send me another phone that was not going to work.  they give you what you expect.  If you can't fight with them then have someone else make the phone call.  Keep calling call centers until you get someone on the phone that will work with you.  You should not have to pay big money if the phone you bought through verizon doesn't work.  It is a Verizon problem period.

0 Likes