Update Not Installing
coguardmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

While sitting here today, the phone started to updated, I'm guessing to the ED05. It stopped in the middle and now I cannot get it to download again. When I go check for system updates and click 'check new', it comes back with no updates available. Is there a way to push this through? My status says 'network error' code 409 with today's date and time. I've been having all the same issues with the phone not working and was excited to see an update, but now I cannot get it to work. 

TIA!

Heather

Re: Update Not Installing
coguardmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got off the phone with a rep and the only option given was to do a hard reset to see if the update will take again, they cannot send it to me or force one through. I am so frustrated with Verizon and the Fascinate I'm ready to get out of my contract. I've done 5 hard resets for various reasons since May. This is totally unacceptable to me. 

I did also inquire about the trade in offer and the rep said I could go down to the store and see if they'll do it for me, with of course no guarantee, or they can swap it out for a Droid X2 or an Incredible2. 

I'm looking for people who want to help guide me in making the right decision at this point. 

Thanks,

Heather

0 Likes
Not applicable

Cougardmom, 

I understand your frustration over having to do another factory reset on this device after having done several. Unfortunately we do not have a way to push the update through. Was the battery fully charged and the phone receiving signal when the upgrade initially tried the go through? The other options are waiting a few days to see if the update tries to go thru again. If it still is showing unavailable, and your phone does not have ED05, then a master reset would be the only other option. It also sounds like you were given some other options in getting a different model phone if that is what you were looking for. 

0 Likes
Shinebox
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is **bleep**, I had been on the phone with Verizon tech support for the last two weeks and all they offfered was another Fascinate. A Droid X or Incredible... not the 2s the originals. This is the third Fascinate I am on and have master reset the phone over 20 times now, I know this because Amazon App store only allows 20 devices max.

0 Likes
coguardmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

My update as of 8/18...after 3 hours on the phone between two reps at Verizon and a manager at the Verizon store closest to me last Wednesday, was another FASCINATE was sent to me. The first rep I spoke with that day said she could do the Droid or Incredible 2, yes 2, for me, but that if I talked to the manager at the local store, they might be able to do the override on the offer they had to exchange the Fascinate. So I made sure that was put in my records. I missed that whole option of allowing Fascinate owners to exchange their phone, nice of Verizon to notify customers this was even happening, I've been having issues since January. The manager at the store was nice, but said they've been told they could not do the swap anymore. So I called back to Verizon, got another rep and an hour later, some vulgar words and a hot temper, all I got was 'the only thing we can do is send you another Fascinate, I cannot nor will my supervisors be allowed to send you another phone as a replacement, but I promise this phone will work better, it will come with the update and you will be happy'. [removed]? So my 4th Fascinate was on the way. That evening, the update started again, I let it finish and things seemed to be okay. I got the refurbished the next day went ahead and started setting that one up, it did not come with the 05 update, as I was told it would (was also told I would receive a follow up call from the rep I spoke with, that was a week ago and nothing yet). As I started the set up, the upgrade started, then STOPPED again...it was later that evening when it started, so I didn't touch the phone. This was on a full battery. The run-around from Verizonn was absurd and I could not have been more [removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] at the customer service I was provided, or lack there of, with.

It's now a week later, I have not missed a phone call, the battery has lasted longer than 6 hours, but not everyday, but now my volume seems lower. I'm stuck with this phone until late next year, 2012, but I'm ready to write letters to the high ups. This has been awful.

0 Likes
ozzy1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same trouble with mine!!! Error code 409!!!! And I can't get it to UPDATE NOW!!!

ozzy1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

My battery was 100% and I went to sleep .  Charger plugged up. I have error code 409 and it still says FAILED!!!  MY Keyboard is freezing up, CONSTANTLY!!! WITH TEXTING AND GOOGLE MAPS!!! HOUSTON, THERE IS A PROBLEM!!!!  DONT SEND OUT "UPDATES" WHEN ITS NOT [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] READY!!!

ozzy1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

My email address is [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] . .if that can help with correspondence.  I'm NOT going to do a factory reset when my HTC M9 is only 4 months old. This is a joke.  Send out another update. THE only thing it now shows is VERIZON WIRELESS in my icon box!!! I'm not paid to endorse Verizon.  I've been with them for over 10 years now.

0 Likes
Hymmagen

im not able to download or update either, i have an LG 3  VK810, i get the 495 error tho! i hate my service, but stuck in a 5 way family plan. i barely maintain a 3g with 2-3 bars, i dont get voicemail till days later, some texts take 4-5hrs. it [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] , and when i speak to anyone from Verizon, they say Im in a "DEADZONE", thats [removed] ,  its called BAD SERVICE, Whats worse is i can see the tower from my MOTORHOME i live in [removed] Goodwin WA. oh my area code 98262 i might factory reset AGAIN, 3X so far, and ive had replace a sim card last july, ok enough, i could go on and on

0 Likes