Here is some additional information that may help.
In transferring pictures from the device to the computer, the best method would be setting the device to mass storage mode.
1. From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > USB Settings > USB Mode, then select Mass Storage.
2. Attach your phone to the computer with a USB cable. Your phone recognizes the connection and displays USB connected in the Annunciator Line and Notifications Panel.
3. Display the Notifications Panel, then touch USB connected. At the prompt, touch Mount to enable copying of files
between your computer and the memory card.
4. At the prompt on the computer, select a transfer method:
• Open device to view files using Windows Explorer. Drag and drop
files from the PC to the memory card installed in your phone (or vice versa).
5. Transfer picture files to the PC. When finished, you can disconnect the USB cable. ***The picture files may be under DCIM and Camera folders (depending on how you obtained the pictures).
I hope this helps.