Re: USB Connection Not Recognized
nole62

I have followed the instructions about 20 times, with and without tech support while trying.  I finally returned it to day and activated an old phone and will order the iPhone, which I would rather have.  I did like the Fascinate, but when it stopped mounting on my Mac desktop, I had finally had it.  I need a phone that will mount on my desktop so I can put on and take off what I want.

0 Likes
Badger51

In the process of addressing this as we speak....but here is additional information

http://phandroid.com/2011/01/17/latest-verizon-fascinate-maintenance-upgrade-killed-your-usb-mountin...

0 Likes
kytoga

I tried that and it didn't work for me.... :womanmad:

0 Likes
enot6g

It didn't work for me either.

0 Likes
kytoga

I have spoken with a Verizon Rep and Samsung Level 3 tech support and have not be able to fix my USB non-connecting (or should I say, it's non-recognition) problem. We think it is due to my Windows7-- 64bit computer. Is there anyone out there with this system that can or cannot get it to work? If so, how?

(I was able to connect on an old laptop with WindowsXP by downloading the driver at http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SCH-I500RKAVZW)

0 Likes
JJHan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having no trouble connecting via usb to either win7-32 or win7-64.

I do have the usb driver from Samsung, but I had this prior to dl09.

I did notice (and called Vzw) that the connection now takes longer to

get established. Maybe due to an added step?

Once the usb signal shows on the phone I tell it to mount

and all is good.

I have not tried without the Samsung driver since dl09.

Prior to dl09 withor without the driver worked the same.

Be sure to pick the correct diver, there are three (generic,US Cell. and Vzw) flavors to choose.

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

I have 3 Fascinates.   All were able to connect to my Windows 64 laptops

both pre and post DL09 updates.

I did not downloard and/or install any Samsung or Fascinate drivers, ever. 

I do notice they do now take 'longer' for the USB icon to come up in the annunciator

bar than they did prior to DL09.   Before   10 seconds..Now maybe as much as 45 seconds.

But once it comes up, I press it, hit 'Mount' and phone shows up as a drive on Windows ( 64 bit ).

Also, initially after the install I was prompted to install some software on my laptop. I said 'NO' or 'Cancel'.

I forget which.  But I did not let any software install on my laptops from the phone right after the install of DL09.

I'm able to copy files to and from the phones with no problems.

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1

kytoga wrote:

I have spoken with a Verizon Rep and Samsung Level 3 tech support and have not be able to fix my USB non-connecting (or should I say, it's non-recognition) problem. We think it is due to my Windows7-- 64bit computer. Is there anyone out there with this system that can or cannot get it to work? If so, how?

(I was able to connect on an old laptop with WindowsXP by downloading the driver at http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SCH-I500RKAVZW)

I have a Toshiba R705 with Windows 7 64bit.  My USB connection works fine. I went through the following steps:  Select Settings>USB settings>Ask on connection.  When the CD connection comes up (i.e. Verizon's bootlancher), ignore the popup and wait a few seconds for the Select USB mode screen to come up.  Select Mass Storage and the USB symbol comes up at which time you can mount.  

Note:  In some instances, the connection can take 20-30 seconds so BE PATIENT.

0 Likes
PLEASE HELP!
Lrshearer

I have read this thread over and over. I am having the same problem: once I installed the update, I can no longer connect my cell to my PC.

When I plugged in my phone, it proceeded with the install of verizon, which it seems CAN NOT ever finish installing.  Thus, on top of NOT being able to connect my phone to my PC, I am now having many errors pop up.

I have a HP Windows Vista.

Error Codes: ipoint.exe. No disk; sump.exe Np Disk, Toollauncher-Bootstrap Program already running.

I have tried many of suggested ways to connect.

Plug in phone, turn off, turn on, debug, etc. NOTHING.

I will be traveling to Japan in a couple of days and I have IMPORTANT PDF documents I ABSOLUTELY NEED transfered onto my phone, not to mention a couple of pics, and music to deal with the long flight.  Unfortuanlty, I am not the most tech savvy person, but I am doing my hardest to try and figure this out.

I am DESPERATE.  Please Help?

Ps. As far as reaching verizon, it has all but been impossible, as they are closed during the hours I operate. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@Lrshearer
Can you email the pdf files to yourself? That is one alternative way.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes