Trouble with numerical pad blinking out
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I've recently started having trouble w/ the numerical key pad blinking out when trying to enter info such as bank acct, or even tech support today, brought up the keypad and tried to select #3 for technical support, it would blink out....worse than a computer game trying to tap the correct number at the right time.  A few nights ago, I needed Roadside Assistance (love this service) as I had locked myself out of the car while at a ball game......the more upset i got the worse getting the selection entered in time....

Calling verizon tech support today, turning the numberical off and on again MIGHT BE A FIX, has anyone had this problem? 

When I first got my Nexus, I couldn't call in to voicemail w/ speaker phone on....I kept getting wrong pasword message...learned later from Droid Forums, to turn off the speaker function to enter the numerical values, then turn the speaker back on.  I don't think Nexus is interested in fixing this issue (which apparently doesn't involve all Nexus) but it sure did all the ones at Best Buy. Cyn

0 Likes
Re: Trouble with numerical pad blinking out
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cynindesign,

Hello! Sorry to read that the keypad is giving you trouble! We need to get this fixed ASAP, especially since it hindered you from calling roadside assistance. Were you able to get this resolved when you called tech support? If not, I recommend two steps. First, would be running the phone in safe mode to see if an app is causing the issue. Second, if that is not successful, doing a hard reset on the phone. I will provide the steps below. Let us know if you need anything else.

Safe Mode:http://bit.ly/vW58PM

Hard Reset: http://bit.ly/swCYZF

Thank you!

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I REALLY do not want to reset the phone to factory setting...I was unable to get to the safe mode during the reboot sequence.  I held down the on/off butten untill the the Google logo showed, then released that and held down the volume down button....it didn't work, I kept getting the buzz letting me the volume is off and the flashing colorfull reboot images....it kept repeating the buzz the images the buzz the images....So I poped the battery out repeated the sequence and ignored it while reading about the safe mode, etc.....it went back to the Google logo and stayed there.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Katie, Samsung isn't aware of any safe mode for the Nexus....and I was not

able to achieve using the reboot and hold down the down volume button...

????? Cyn

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

cynindesign wrote:

Katie, Samsung isn't aware of any safe mode for the Nexus....and I was not

able to achieve using the reboot and hold down the down volume button...

????? Cyn

I was able to get into the Safe Mode for the Galaxy Nexus using the instructions in the link above.  Power off the phone and then press the power button until the "Google" logo appears.  Release the power button and then hold the volume down button until the Safe Mode is in the bottom left corner.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
fed1234

This is a problem but if you press the power button the pad will light back up.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you so much, I used 2 hands this time & got it, I appreciate you replying that you could get in the safe mode.

OK, so now I'm here, how do I find troublesome apps that might be causing trouble?????

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I believe if I press the power button, it will disconnect the call....although I think there's a setting where I selected that option.

If the number pad comes back on, will it stay there?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

cynindesign wrote:

I believe if I press the power button, it will disconnect the call....although I think there's a setting where I selected that option.

If the number pad comes back on, will it stay there?

Check the "Accessibility" section of the main phone settings for using the power button to disconnect the call option.

The proximity sensor can/will turn off the screen during a call if it is covered.  Also the screen timeout will also shut off the screen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

where is the proximity sensor located?  BTW, my screen timeout is set to 10min.

0 Likes