Re: Tired of working with Verizon on a phone that does not work. FASCINATE.
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

darlenecd wrote:

Since I got my fascinate a six months ago I have had nothing but problems.. At this point in time, I don't get phone calls and can't make phone calls, I don't get text messages either at all or not for hours later and the ones I send people are not getting for hours and hours later, and when I send a text it keeps coming back not sent. And it drops my calls when I can get it to work.  So Verizon's solution is to replace this phone now twice and send me an extender box free..(By the way my phone doesn't work anywhere it is not just an at home issue) ..So I am sitting right next to this powerful extender box which cost $250.00 if you were to buy it and I am not getting a phone call, text message and can't make a call or send a text message..Box working real good. 

I don't know I am paying $175.00 a month for three phones and I can't use mine at all. 

If VERIZON don't get it fixed this week...I'M DONE.. Being jerked around with "Oh lets do this reset or that one and lets send you another phone. I have not had service for 6 months but I have been paying my bill for the last 6 months.. 

So anyone else have these issues?  And if you did and got an new phone (droid incredible 2 or charge) which one worked better for you?  Thanks.. 

Hi darlenecd,

I understand your discontent. I would be frustrated if my wireless phone did not work as expected. Please note that a software update i500.ED05 was released on July 28, 2011, and according to feedback from Fascinate users this software update has resolved the issues outlined on your post. Please visit the software update link provided for software update details and download instructions.

You are a valued customer and our goal is to make every effort within our ability to resolve any service/device issues you may experience. If you continue to experience service issues after updating your phone's software please keep in mind that your device may be replaced with a Certified Like New Replacement  as per the manufacturer's warranty policy.

0 Likes
dillon1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, This is still Darlene with different name.

So I already got a new fascinate from verizon with the new software updates and I updated it after I got it and still even until August 12th. I was still having same problems.. 

Now I have this wonderful droid incredible 2...which (I do not like) and I am still having the same problems just not as bad as far as I know yet as I have only had this phone 3 days.  I will tell you something though..The Incredible 2 does not compare to the fascinate..How dare Verizon give us a down-grade.. Big deal it has a front camera.. The speaker is non-existent, and the visual of the phone like contacts is horrible. I am having to download stuff like new contact list.. The voice dial doesnt work..

I have had it with the hour phone calls to verizon..so I go into a true Verizon store and they tell me to call tech support..

I'm looking toward T-Mobile at this point...

0 Likes
Martina64209

That is very disheartening Darlene. I am also having major issues with my Fascinate (which is anything but) and was hoping that the Incredible would be a good switch. I have been with Verizon for 12 years and this type of phone makes me wonder why I'm still with them. My Chocolate Touch worked a thousand times better than this piece of crap. Seriously thinking of switching my service back to that phone. At least I will get my text messages again. Thanks for the heads up on the Incredible!

0 Likes
dillon1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,  Listen,, if you can trade your fascinate in for either the incredible 2 or droid x2.. do it.. cause if you want to sell that fascinate to recope some of your loss you wont be able too.. how many people are going to buy it after all this trouble with it.  If you go back to your old phone thats fine.. get the new one and sell it. 

I am still having the same exact issues with the incredible 2 but just not as bad.. I have missed calls that didnt show up.. got voice mails from them later, and my text are either not going at all or go but the people getting them doesnt get them til the next day.. 

Still very unhappy with Verizon service. Will never be in another contract with them.. 

0 Likes
Kimmee

It's so nice to hear somebody else is having the same issues as me! 

I've gone into my Verizon store mulitple times with this problem to only have them ask me "Have you taken the battery out and restarted the phone" or "Have you done the latest update?" or "I'm  sorry, you'll just have to patient and wait for the update. I know thats not what you want to hear."

My son and I have the same phone and we are both having the same issues.  Do you know how frustrating it is to call a teenager and hear Mom, I don't have any missed calls from you! Not to mention text messages. When cellphones are the only way of getting ahold of him(no land line) it's pretty important.  I've been in the same room, called him and nothing happens.

I'm tired of going in and nothing is happening.  We both are stuck in a contract until July of next year.  I swore I would NEVER go back to AT&T but at this point, service and customer service is few and far between with Verizon. 

I pay $200 a month - bet If I didn't pay my bill they'd notice. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Martina64209 wrote:

That is very disheartening Darlene. I am also having major issues with my Fascinate (which is anything but) and was hoping that the Incredible would be a good switch. I have been with Verizon for 12 years and this type of phone makes me wonder why I'm still with them. My Chocolate Touch worked a thousand times better than this piece of crap. Seriously thinking of switching my service back to that phone. At least I will get my text messages again. Thanks for the heads up on the Incredible!

Thanks to the community for your responses.  I understand how not being able to receive text messages can be frustrating.  In order to resolve your issue please PM me your mobile telephone number so I can research your account and see what kind of options we have for you? Thanks.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Kimmee wrote:

It's so nice to hear somebody else is having the same issues as me! 

I've gone into my Verizon store mulitple times with this problem to only have them ask me "Have you taken the battery out and restarted the phone" or "Have you done the latest update?" or "I'm  sorry, you'll just have to patient and wait for the update. I know thats not what you want to hear."

My son and I have the same phone and we are both having the same issues.  Do you know how frustrating it is to call a teenager and hear Mom, I don't have any missed calls from you! Not to mention text messages. When cellphones are the only way of getting ahold of him(no land line) it's pretty important.  I've been in the same room, called him and nothing happens.

I'm tired of going in and nothing is happening.  We both are stuck in a contract until July of next year.  I swore I would NEVER go back to AT&T but at this point, service and customer service is few and far between with Verizon. 

I pay $200 a month - bet If I didn't pay my bill they'd notice. 

Hi Kimmee,

I am sorry to learn of your phones' issues. I understand how frustrating it is not being able to contact a teen ager (as I have one myself). Based on your post, I think you have already done most basic troubleshooting on your phones (battery pull, latest update). As I checked my resources I learned that doing a Factory Reset has resolved issues like the ones outlined in your message for other customers, please visit the link provided for detailed instructions to perform a factory reset.

If a factory reset does not resolve your concerns and your phones are still within the 12 month manufacturer's warranty you can get free Certified Like New Replacements. Please visit link below for details on the warranty replacement process.

Warranty Replacement Process

0 Likes
chakashaune

I have the same problem but add shuts off and won't reboot, doesn't show voicemail, gets overheated (the phone itself has come up with a message to shut off because of), oh and it locks up CONSTANTLY!  I actually won a trip to NYC, all expenses paid, to meet Lenny Kravitz, but thanks to not receiving calls and the phone not reflecting voicemail until days later the prize was given to someone else. 

When I went to the Verizon store I was told they would just replace it with the same phone and I would have the same problems and sorry aboutcha...NICE!   I'm so ticked!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
rb20
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is having similar issues.  Not receiving phone calls, texts, it'll freeze up and have to pull the battery, and GPS STILL won't work.  "Oh, but the new update fixes the issues."  Really?!  I've talked to numerous Fascinate owners, and everyone is having problems.  I was also told by a Verizon worker that the update fixed the issues with 90% of users.  So the 10% of us that the update didn't fix, we're outta luck.  THANKS VERIZON, FOR YOUR WONDERFUL SUPPORT!!!

rb20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh and I should mention, I'm on Fascinate number 2, and was told they'll send me another Fascinate.  2 phones with the EXACT SAME ISSUES, do you really think I want another phone that won't work!?