Tired of working with Verizon on a phone that does not work. FASCINATE.
darlenecd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I got my fascinate a six months ago I have had nothing but problems.. At this point in time, I don't get phone calls and can't make phone calls, I don't get text messages either at all or not for hours later and the ones I send people are not getting for hours and hours later, and when I send a text it keeps coming back not sent. And it drops my calls when I can get it to work.  So Verizon's solution is to replace this phone now twice and send me an extender box free..(By the way my phone doesn't work anywhere it is not just an at home issue) ..So I am sitting right next to this powerful extender box which cost $250.00 if you were to buy it and I am not getting a phone call, text message and can't make a call or send a text message..Box working real good. 

I don't know I am paying $175.00 a month for three phones and I can't use mine at all. 

If VERIZON don't get it fixed this week...I'M DONE.. Being jerked around with "Oh lets do this reset or that one and lets send you another phone. I have not had service for 6 months but I have been paying my bill for the last 6 months.. 

So anyone else have these issues?  And if you did and got an new phone (droid incredible 2 or charge) which one worked better for you?  Thanks.. 

Re: Tired of working with Verizon on a phone that does not work. FASCINATE.
Wildman
Legend

Sounds like reception issues, what type of signal strength does your phone show... Are you noticing a low or weak signal...  Have you tried updating the roaming with *228 and #2 ?  

Also have you tried running device stock for a few days just to isolate apps out of the equations?

0 Likes
Leighboz

Your post is my exact experience as well with the Fascinate.  I even tried to call and downgrade back to my simple phone that would receive calls and texts but they told me I would have to pay for another one.  I have been with verizon for years but I am out as soon as my contract is up.

0 Likes
darlenecd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done all that and more.  The simple fact is that Samsung has not come out with a fix.. And all these phones should be recalled and replaced.  Why should I continue to pay for service I am not recieving from Verizon, I do not care who's fault it is that the phone don't work..the point is that is doesnt.  If you read around I am not the only one with these problems .. there are many many, many others.. 

darlenecd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, you should be calling making a major complaint..  I was told 3 times now that I am allowed to get the droid x2, droid incredible 2 or the charge as a replacement but I did not do it before as I was thinking it cant be the phone it has to be verizons towers.. but I was wrong.. I have full bars and dont get one phone call, text message, voice mail..and 2 days ago sitting here with full bars could not even make a call ...

We as customers should not have to go through all this to have a problem that is not ours corrected. Verizon is starting to show some true colors.. I am not impressed..

I too have had verizon for years but when my contract is up if I am not getting great service..I am gone.

0 Likes
darlenecd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I forgot to mention to you that I have full bars.... and this happens everywhere I go ..It is not just in one area..

Verizon themselves are saying its the phone.  They want me to wait for samsung to come out with a fix..ha ha ha .. does that mean I go without a phone til then and still pay my bill..according to them YES.. that is exactly what it means. 

Like I said SHAME on Verizon for not stepping up and doing the right thing by the people. 

0 Likes
df78

darlenecd wrote:

Like I said SHAME on Verizon for not stepping up and doing the right thing by the people. 

Should we expect any different from Verizon, just look at they way the are treating their employees.

The reluctance to make it right for fascinate owners and their refusal to negotiate with their employees are both examples of pure corporate greed. 

0 Likes
df78

darlenecd wrote:

Should we expect any different from Verizon, just look at they way the are treating their employees.

The reluctance to make it right for fascinate owners and their refusal to negotiate with their employees are both examples of pure corporate greed. 

0 Likes
df78

darlenecd wrote:

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

df78 wrote:

darlenecd wrote:

I have to chime in on corporate greed.  The wireless side of Verizon has laid off a few thousand people recently.  I wonder if the CEO or  board of directors took any pay cut?

I don't blame the lower folks for poor service, it all starts at the top and trickles down.

And yes VZW should offer to make things right with each Fascinate owner, but that will not happen.

0 Likes