Re: Thoughts and Opinions on new ED05 update: Did it Work?
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes the phone was turned on. It doesnt matter where the phone is . If it is not touch for several hours it will not ring and calls go straight to voicemail. Then i have to make a phonecall and it will start ringing  and calls will show in the miss call log.

0 Likes
medawi

No, it didn't work.  I still have the same issues as before with not receiving calls and them never showing up on the missed call log.  My poor mother thinks I don't want to talk to her because I never answer her calls!  Different apps, the camera, all kinds of stuff force closes all the time.  At least once a day I have to take out the battery because the phone is frozen and won't do anything no matter how long I wait.  I am not receiving text mesages my husband sends to me (he has a fascinate and the same issues), and the battery only lasts 3-4 hours without even using the phone!  I never had this problem before the 2.2 update.  I don't want another fascinate.  I want mine to work or I want a new phone for FREE without using my upgrade.  I shouldn't have to use an upgrade because if the phone worked properly and I could use it AS A PHONE, I wouldn't need to upgrade in the first place!  I have a full-time job, a husband, asd well as FOUR children ages 15, 10, 8, & 2 and THREE step-children ages 11, 10, & 9 and I can't miss calls!!!  Verizon, what do you suggest now?

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Tawest164,

Please note that I have lifted this information to our Product Team. At this time, there are no further updates on the Fascinate; however, we will keep you posted if anything changes. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

yellowboy74 wrote:

yes the phone was turned on. It doesnt matter where the phone is . If it is not touch for several hours it will not ring and calls go straight to voicemail. Then i have to make a phonecall and it will start ringing  and calls will show in the miss call log.

Hi yellowboy74,

I am sorry to learn that your phone does not ring for incoming calls when untouched for several hours. Try running your phone in Safe Mode when left untouched for a few hours. If issue stops then a 3rd party application conflict is causing the issue. Please let us know if running the phone in Safe Mode resolves the issue.

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

I thought i had my miss call issue resolved. Today i had two voicemails and no miss calls in the call log. Unbelievable

0 Likes
bellerin1

Still having the missed texted issue.  My friend texted me and I never received it.  Only after I logged into the website and checked my usage did I see a text was "received".   CAN WE PLEASE FIX THIS ALREADY?!?!?!?

0 Likes
rb20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine didn't work either.  Still missing calls, texts, the phone randomly freezes up, and GPS still won't work.  I was informed at the Verizon store that it's worked for about 90% of Fascinate owners.  Whooptie Doo!  It doesn't work for me!  I was told they could have another CPO Fascinate sent to me.  After some back and forth dialogue with the employee, the manager came over and said he could get me the Incredible 2, but then I'd have to renew my contract for another 2 years.  After telling him I didn't care for the Incredible 2, he said he could probably get me the Droid X 2, but again, I'd have to renew for another 2 years.  Those were my options.  Get another Fascinate that's not going to work properly, or else choose one of two phones that are OK phones, but nothing I want to commit to for 2 years.  Thanks Verizon, you're pushing me closer and closer to cancelling my contract! 

0 Likes
crees7777

My Fascinate just started missing calls again a couple days ago.  Any thoughts???  Has missed 3 so far.

0 Likes