Re: Thoughts and Opinions on new ED05 update: Did it Work?
rjasonw74

So far I can most definantely say it has not solved my problems. Made them worse perhaps? I have no data to speak of. It comes & goes throughout sporadic times but not long enough to downlaod an app or load a web page in the browser. I've missed one call today & that's with ED05. I know I have 2 towers within range of 3 miles or so to my home so it's not the signal itself. Verizon tech support has also been most helpful on the phone so kudos to them.

I'm waiting for my replacement Fascinate to arrive now. The tech from yesterday after repeated steps to reset phone & test some fixes couldn't get it working. I'm supposed to call back once I get the replacement up & running to see if it was just my phone so we'll see. I'm rather late to this problem as my phone mostly stayed off while at work or I used wifi for internet while there. My question is if this doesn't work is Verizon going to take care of me like has many others up to this point? I don't want to swap phones for the next month trying to find one that works. 

Between all 5 of my phones for my family my bill is around $230 a month. I don't think I'd be unreasonable to ask for this to be resolved.

0 Likes
Gzsrulz

Oh my Gosh, just got the update, the phone wont connect to the vzw store, wont stop reading the sd card, charge stuck at 75%, laggggggggg on everything, misses calls, unable to connect to any internet data, thats the short list, now i had called verizon earlier for some questions, i was informed because of certain glitches and criteria that is met with the software update, they will replace the facinate with a new charge Or moto Droid X2 for any facinate owner, be weary certain criteria is a broad devinition, but it will be through tech support, good luck it was a good phone

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would advise you to do a factory reset but make sure youback up everything first using backup assistant.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

yellowboy74 wrote:

I would advise you to do a factory reset but make sure youback up everything first using backup assistant.

it only backs up phone contacts

anything in google contacts will be backed up via google

0 Likes
rjasonw74

Update.... I've been in contact with Level 2 support tech who has already signed me up for a new Charge. My replacement fascinate arrived about an hr ago & the same problems I had before are still there. Perhaps they are even worse with this phone I'm thinking.?.?

So whatever happened to it I don't know but my advice is for those of you still having problems, call tech support at level 2, not customer care as they can't do anything like a trade out for you. Be nice & courteous as these folks aren't to blame for bad software. That comes from Samsung. They will respond & take of your problems.

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its been 24 hours . So far so good . Keeping my fingers crossed

0 Likes
pastelball

It would be nice if they would allow you to delete some of the apps that came with the phone like city id, skype mobile and a few othe stuff that is not needed by some. but, so far its not bad also my reception goes from 4 bars to one with out even moving so thats i thinks has gotten worse.

0 Likes
mytoy
It sure has helped my battery problem. I charged it after I got the update and just charged it today That is 4 days without charging. It is back to normal. I haven't had any problems with missed calls and text messages yet.
0 Likes
ericwayneg

Just updated this morning! Seems to be working fine, no delays, all apps operate correctly, battery displays accurately at this time. No calls yet this morning, we will see how the day goes. 

0 Likes
jmaxwell92264

mytoy wrote:
It sure has helped my battery problem. I charged it after I got the update and just charged it today That is 4 days without charging. It is back to normal. I haven't had any problems with missed calls and text messages yet.

Wow!  4 days seems like a long time for a Smartphone.  I take it you did not use it a lot during those 4 days.  But also, did you have GPS turned on?  To me, battery seems to last a lot longer with GPS and Wifi turned off, so I turn them off when I'm not using them.  (As far as Wifi goes, Verizon's network generally seems to be faster to me than hotel and restaurant Wifi's.)

0 Likes