Re: The Samsung Fascinate is the worst phone I've ever owned
tiggercro

Okay so i bought the phone Friday, already have had problems with the screen freezing to where i have the black screen of death and i have to power off and back on, for some reason it was beeping stating no bars off and on. Very sluggish at most times, and for some reason I thought it was supposed to have 512 RAM but mine only has 325 and 280 is used up already with pre loaded stuff. I am also having problems with my calls sounding garbled not on my end but the recipients end and very low apparently. I'm coming from Iphone to an Android and I guess i'm biased but so far i'm not seeing how this is better than the iphone yet, very disappointed with overall effect of it. Now don't get me wrong the screen < when it works> is beautiful and movies/pictures are very clear, but as stated before between it locking up and shutting down Oh and the home button not working sometime not impressed. 

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tiggercro wrote:

Okay so i bought the phone Friday, already have had problems with the screen freezing to where i have the black screen of death and i have to power off and back on, for some reason it was beeping stating no bars off and on. Very sluggish at most times, and for some reason I thought it was supposed to have 512 RAM but mine only has 325 and 280 is used up already with pre loaded stuff. I am also having problems with my calls sounding garbled not on my end but the recipients end and very low apparently. I'm coming from Iphone to an Android and I guess i'm biased but so far i'm not seeing how this is better than the iphone yet, very disappointed with overall effect of it. Now don't get me wrong the screen < when it works> is beautiful and movies/pictures are very clear, but as stated before between it locking up and shutting down Oh and the home button not working sometime not impressed.

Are u running the Live aquarium Wallpaper with Touchwiz Launcher?  If so ,it could be a bit laggy at times running touchwiz with LiveWallpaper. I suggest either not running live wallpaper while using touchwiz or download and install LauncherPro. Ive been running live wallpaper with my LauncherPro and it works flawlessly. Try it and let me know what you think? Oh and about the ram, the Fascinate does have 512 MB of Ram but doesn't show it all . Thats because some of it goes to video like  a pc does. If you walk in a t-mobile or sprint store and go to the memory section of the phone they all register around 376mb.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, I remember hearing about the reserved space for video also.  I have about 45-50MB free and have experienced no lag with TouchWiz.  Live wallpapers are a nice gimmick but just not worth the resources.

0 Likes
tiggercro

OKay thank you very much for your input, yes i have a live wallpaper but not sure what the touchwiz is. I will try that launcherpro to see how it does, called someone else and they said I sounded fine maybe my dad is to old to hear correctly LOL, as for the black screens and the beeping signal bars anyone else had that prob?

0 Likes
CR6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had my Fascinate since last Friday and haven't had any problems.  Excellent call quality both on my end and from what those I'm calling have told me on their end.  
I've never had a probem with Verizon and their service.  I switched from AT&T almost 4 years ago after they bought out Cingular and I haven't been happier.  If some of you are having so much trouble with your phones, than take them back and exchange them.  (you do have 30 days you know!)  But from all the android forums I frequent I can tell you for every 1 person I read about that's unhappy with the Fascinate, there's about 20 that love their Fascinate and couldn't be happier. 

Good luck to those of you that have had problems.  I would urge you to contact customer service and get them replaced.  I've personally always had great luck with Verizons cust. service.

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

tiggercro wrote:

OKay thank you very much for your input, yes i have a live wallpaper but not sure what the touchwiz is. I will try that launcherpro to see how it does, called someone else and they said I sounded fine maybe my dad is to old to hear correctly LOL, as for the black screens and the beeping signal bars anyone else had that prob?

Touchwiz is the UI that samsung install on top of Stock Android, such as the widgets you see on the phone when you first turn it on  and the iphone clonish-like icons you see when you press the app launcher button. Once you install LauncherPro it will automatically replace Touchwiz but you have to select use Laucherpro by default when it prompts you to. I think you are going to love LauncherPro.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
@jroget803

I like most of your post, but the www.yzzerdd.com reference was freaking awesome...made my day

For everyone else click the site... it is a joke page and is safe for work.

Gotta love aqua teen hunger force.
0 Likes