Text messages
smw62

Hi All,

I just upgraded from a Droid Bionic to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.  Is there any way to transfer text messages from one phone to the other?  And also, where can I see my text messages from my account?  They certainly don't make it very easy to find them.

0 Likes
Re: Text messages
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could use SMS Backup and Restore (in the Play Store) to back up your texts and then e-mail them to your new phone or copy them over.  And your text messages aren't available in your MyVerizon account, only text logs (for the current billing period + the past 90 days).

0 Likes
smw62

Thanks, but unfortunately, I no longer have service on my old phone, it has been transferred to the new phone.  Can't connect to Play Store.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you all for your help! I appreciate you taking the time tio help each other out.

@smw62,

Tikibar1 provided a great suggestion! You can download a 3rd party app to backup your messages from your old phone and then restore them on the new phone. I do this all the time with my phones. I have some text message that I don't want to lose and I've found this to be very helpful!

You mentioned you already activated your new phone. Keep in mind that you can always reactivate your old phone http://vz.to/10iLUGC. Once the old phone is activated you can download and backup your text messages. Once complete simply activate the new phone and restore the text messages.

I know you wanted to know where online you can view your text messages. Unfortunately, you are unable to view the actual text message via your My Verizon account. However, you are able to view the message details (date, time, and number of the messages sent & received). All you need to do is sign in to your My Verizon account and click on the View Usage link and then View Messaging details. There you will see all the text details sent & received during the current bill cycle. You can also view the usage for the last 3 months by clicking the link to View your bill.

I trust this information has been helpful! Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes