Syncing issues with facebook
glg123

I've synced my phone with my facebook account so my friends will be included in my contacts.  However, the profile pictures will not transfer.  What am I doing wrong/

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Syncing issues with facebook
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

To sync the pictures from Facebook to your contacts, you want to go to your Contacts, select Menu, Get Friends, Facebook then choose the friends you want to sync or choose Select All. 

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

First check your sync settings. From the home screen press menu -> Settings -> Accounts & sync -> under Manage accounts you should see your Facebook account. Select it and make sure Sync Contacts is checked. If this is correct, next go to your contacts, press menu -> Get Friends -> Facebook. Check the Friends you want to add. It should will now display their Facebook picture and link their contacts. If you have double contacts, you may need to manually link contacts.

0 Likes
HDelVic

I've done this as well as deleting the app, going to the Market and re-installing Facebook for Android.  After re-installing I again synced the account (followed instructions in another thread), however I still have no pictures.  The rest of the information seems to be there (birthdays, e-mail accts, etc...), however the pictures are not showing.  Any additional ideas on how to correct this problem?  I've been trying for two days now and I've done everything I can think of and I'm out of ideas.  Thanks!

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

To sync the pictures from Facebook to your contacts, you want to go to your Contacts, select Menu, Get Friends, Facebook then choose the friends you want to sync or choose Select All. 

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes